Chapter 4

*Colt's POV*

Later that day, I waited for my mom to cook dinner before I headed to Ryan's. He just finished eating his own take-out, so I figured I would eat before I left. My mom came in with two plates for my dad and I before heading back out to make her own. I dug in immediately, extremely hungry from skipping lunch today. "Somebody's hungry." My dad remarked and chuckled. I innocently shrugged as I finished the plate of Spaghetti. 

In no time, I was finished eating and grabbed my jacket to head to Ryan's. "Be back before 10." My mom told me as her and my dad sat at the table. "Alright, Bye guys." I said goodbye before stepping out onto my front porch. I walked down the street, which was dark from the glow of the gray sky. It was beginning to get dark, even though it was barley 5 o'clock. I slightly picked up the pace, not wanting to be in the cold air more then I had to. Within a few more strides, I was standing at Ryan's front door.

I knocked a few times before I heard footsteps approaching the door. The door opened to reveal Ryan, who was only in a pair of jeans, having just got out of the shower. His hair wasn't as spiked up as usual, and his chest was exposed to me, causing me to feel mixed emotions. "Oh uh.." I stuttered and we both laughed at the awkward moment. "Sorry, I just got out of the shower. You can come sit down, I'm gonna go put a shirt on." He said before walking to the kitchen, where the laundry was kept on top of the washing machine. It's not that I've never seen him shirtless, it was just somewhat of a shock, considering I thought he would still be in his clothes from school.

Ryan walked back into the living room now fully clothed and sat down in the spot beside me. "So what do you want to do?" He asked me. "It doesn't matter to me, what do we have to do?" I asked looking around his living room. "I have some movies, some videog-" "Videogames? I asked. He should've known that's what I would want to do."Yeah," he laughed "I have an xbox upstairs." "Do you have Modern Warfare?" I asked. "Yeah." "Come on." I said taking his wrist and practically dragging him up the stairs.

After several rounds of beating Ryan at Modern Warfare, he finally gave up. My hands were tired from using the remote control for almost two hours straight. We were now sitting on Ryan's bed, talking about pointless things. "Why do you always wear that hat?" Ryan asks, referring to the tossle cap I wear almost all the time, except for in school. "I don't know. I just like it I guess." "It's weird when you wear it inside. It reminds me of a burgler or something." He laughed. "Well if it bothers you that much." I said jokingly and pulled the tossle cap off. Ryan looked at my hair for about 5 seconds before saying half-heartedly "I like your hair."

"Thanks." I say trying not to sound awkward. Ryan snaps out of his daze and looks somewhat embarrased, but I pretend as if I don't notice. "You still have that poster up from like 5 years ago?" I ask pointing to the Legend of Zelda poster we'd put up in his room when we were 11. "Yeah," He laughed "I guess I didn't feel like taking it down." "I remember that day," I said, remembering all the details from that day 5 years ago "We got kicked out of Walmart when Jaielle knocked that giant container of basketballs over." I stated, earning a laugh from Ryan. "Then almost died when that giant cashier almost fell on us." We both laughed at that. 

I looked at the clock, realizing just how late it was. "I better head home." I told Ryan as I got up from his bed "Alright." Ryan said as he did the same and we both headed down the stairs. I said goodbye to Ryan as I stepped back out into the cold air. I hurried my way home and got a shower before crawling into bed. 

I thought about all the memories Ryan and I had together before drifting off to sleep.

 A/N: Sorry I made this whole chapter from Colt's POV, I got caught up in the chapter. But thanks for reading :)