Chapter 11: That's for the kiss you stole from Max

Alex POV:

My eyes opened, and I found myself still in an unfamiliar bed. I felt weak and confused, and rather frightened. Something strange had happened to me but I didn't know what.

I tried to think about how I got here. I was driving; I was at a house following a lead. I was knocked out unconscious. I shot up even though I didn't have the energy to. Both my hands were handcuffed to either side of the bed. I felt a needle wiggling in my wrist, I followed the tube attached to it, I was being injected with something, I tried to read it but my vision was blurry. I lay back down, closed my eyes, and focused. I took a few deep breaths and tried to calm my heartbeat. It worked. I opened my eyes and this time I could read the label on the bottle hanging from a nail in the wall, D5W.

'Dextrose 5% in water is used to treat low blood sugar or hypoglycemia, insulin shock, or dehydration. Dextrose 5% in water is also given for nutritional support to patients who are unable to eat because of illness, injury, or other medical condition'

The words of my medical instructor, during my training course, rang in my ears. Whoever injected me with this wanted me awake but whom!

"Sarah", I said as I sat up again and scanned my surroundings. I was in a big empty warehouse. It was a medical bed. On the side, there were a couple of medical room dividers.

I remember being knocked out, then waking up to gunshots being fired, a dead body, seeing Sarah on the phone, being dragged to the car, and then blank until now.

I was still in my trance of thoughts that a figure approached me from behind the dividers, it was Sarah, and she had a gun.

"Sarah, what are you doing here, what do you have to do with all of this?" I questioned her.

"Were you at the house, did you knock me out", she still didn't reply.

Our eyes were locked she was thinking something.

After few seconds, I spoke again.

"Fucking say something."

"If I killed you right here and dissolved your body in acid no one will know you were here."

"I would have already in a barrel if you wanted to do that to me besides why you would save me and then inject me with D5W just to kill me."

"I can do it right now."

"What would max think if he finds out what you killed his sister."

"Step sister and who would tell him?"

"You'd be surprised how much he loves his 'stepsister'; he will come looking at me if I suddenly disappear from the face of the Earth."

She sighed, and sat on the foot of the bed, probably thinking about what to do with me.

"How the hell you ended up zip-tied and gaged."

"It's classified."

"Oh really"

She stood and pointed her gun towards me.

"Ok Ok, God don't you have some patience."

She sat back down

"I will tell you if you tell me why were you there and how I ended up here from there."

"Baby girl are you in a situation to make demands?"

"Would it help if I say please?"

"Ok you want to play ball, let's play.", she agreed.

"I was following a lead; yesterday we busted a big storage unit of the Rikishi mob. It also had a paper trail that led us straight to bosses of the mob but something felt off, it was too easy. I tried to tell my superior but they were blinded by success."