Chapter 2

As lunch went by, I laid out on the grass out in the courtyard and looked out at the sky, deep in thought. I like hanging out with my friends, and people are interesting to talk to, but this is one of my favorite ways to relax and recharge my batteries so every couple days, I'll just skip out on meeting up with my friends during lunch and do this instead.

As I continued to think to myself, the thought that the month has ended so I wonder if Kasumi and Takasaki managed to save the idol club. I mean, I imagine they did, but I don't really know. Should I try to find Kasumi and ask her after school? Oh but, if by some chance they failed, wouldn't that be kicking them when they're down? Still, I do want to talk to Kasumi again sometime soon.

My thoughts returned to whatever popped into my head at the moment, when I heard a voice say "Hey Y/n, what are you doing alone out here?"

I sat up and saw it was Kasumi, carrying a brown bag. I couldn't help but smile seeing her. "I was just relaxing, nothing much. What are you up to?" I said

"I have something to tell you but when I saw the other day that you don't bring lunch, I thought I'd bring you one of my homemade bread rolls." Kasumi answered, handing me the bag. It's true that I don't really bring lunch to school much.

"Thank you Kasumi." I said before I opened the bag and pulled out a bread roll. I took a bite to find it was incredibly light and soft. "This is amazing."

"I'm glad that you like it." Kasumi said, "I'd be happy to make you some again sometime."

"That'd be great, this is so good." I responded

"Why don't you eat lunch at school?" Kasumi asked

I shrugged, "I typically don't have time to prepare it in the morning and when I think about trying to make it the night before, I kinda maybe don't remember until it's too late. But I'm fine, I can get by fine until after school."

We had a little bit of small talk while I continued to eat the bread roll before I said "Hey, how about you come join me down here and after you tell me what it is you need to say, we can maybe talk some." I said, gesturing to the ground beside me.

"Alright" Kasumi said before coming and sitting down beside me.

"So what's up?" I asked

"We managed to save the idol club." Kasumi excitedly said "And we even have a live planned too!"

"That's awesome. I knew you girls could do it." I said "So when is the live?"

"It's Friday of next week." Kasumi said before giving the specifics of where and at what time it will.

I nodded and after setting a note on my phone, I said "Got it, I'm looking forward to it."

We continued to talk for a while longer until the bell signalling the end of lunch rang. I crumpled up the now empty brown bag the bread roll was held in and put it in my pocket until I could get to a recycling bin and stood up. "We should be getting to class I guess." I said, holding out my hand to Kasumi to help her up.

"I guess we should," Kasumi said, taking my hand.

I helped Kasumi up then said "You're a really fun person to talk to. I definitely have fun talking to you."

"I have fun talking to you too." Kasumi responded

"I promise I'll come to cheer you on at your live." I said

"Hey, will you meet up with me outside the venue?" Kasumi asked

I smiled and answered "Of course I will. Now how about before we split up, we at least walk to class together until we have to head our separate ways?"

"Sure, I'd love to." Kasumi responded.

We walked back to class together before saying our farewells. Speaking to Kasumi, I can't help but feel a connection to her and I hope that as me and Kasumi talk more, I hope I can become closer to her.