Chapter 7

Two Weeks Later...

As class came to an end, I leaned back in my seat and yawned. The previous night, I ended up getting focused on what I was reading and I ended up losing track of time and staying up too late. I'm not in any clubs, so I can pretty much head home and take a nap right away after school. But for now, lunch has begun and after putting my stuff in my bag, I started heading towards the place me and Kasumi will be eating lunch today. Most days where I need to recharge my batteries, Kasumi spends lunch with me. Days like that where I need to relax feel all the nicer with Kasumi beside me to talk to and enjoy being beside.

I stepped out of the classroom and walked to the courtyard and as I walked to where we usually eat together, I looked around for Kasumi. Eventually I noticed Kasumi and cut across the grass to meet up with her.

As I reached Kasumi, I put my arm around her shoulder and jokingly said "Hey cutie, how about you ditch your boyfriend and hang out with me?"

Kasumi smiled at me and said "I dunno, I love my boyfriend an awful lot..."

"Eh, I figured, oh well." I said, removing my arm from around her shoulder. I then took her hand and we walked over to our destination. Eventually we reached a bench under the shade of an oak tree where me and Kasumi typically will go to eat on day's where we have lunch together.

As we sat down, Kasumi opened up a paper bag and said "I made some bread rolls for us."

"Truly, you are a goddess." I said as I reached inside and grabbed a bread roll.

"Hey Y/n, I have a live next week, you'll come right?" Kasumi asked

"Why wouldn't I come support my cute girlfriend? Plus I really love your performances." I said

Kasumi began to lean on my shoulder and said "Thanks Y/n, I love being a school idol and it makes me so happy to have the boy I love cheering me on."

I put my arm around her and said "I'll be there to cheer you on from now on."

We continued to talk with my arm around her and as we spoke, a realization slowly started to crawl into my mind until I remembered it in its entirety. "Ah crap..." I mumbled to myself

"Huh? What is it?" Kasumi asked

"Oh I just remembered something that I really shouldn't have forgotten." I said

"Wait, what do you mean?" Kasumi said

"My next period is history, which is already my worst class, and there's an assignment worth quite a lot of points due soon."

"It's due today and you don't have it finished?" Kasumi guessed

"I don't even have it on me." I said "It's half finished on my desk back home."

"You really are in trouble." Kasumi said

I sighed "I'm pretty sure that the teacher will dock off some points but will accept it if I bring it in tomorrow, but I really hate my memory. I'm constantly forgetting things and I have to every so often run through things in my brain so I don't forget anything, but I still forget quite a bit."

"So that's why sometimes you stop talking and just zone out for a minute." Kasumi said

"Yeah, sorry about that. I just have a problem where sometimes I'll get focused on something and I'll completely forget other things. I typically remember most things a bit after I stop focusing so much on one thing but other things I forget entirely." I explained

"Well at least you remember most things." Kasumi said

"True, but I should probably get around to figuring out a system so I don't forget at all. I tried using a day planner and that type of thing, but I always would forget it existed." I said "In any case, do you want to go get something to eat after your live or do you already have plans?"

"I actually already have plans for afterwards." Kasumi said

"Alright then." I said "Then how about we go to a cafe or something later this week?"

"That sounds good to me." Kasumi said.

We stayed there until the sound of a bell rang through the school, signalling the end of lunch. I stretched before I said "I guess we should probably head to class."

"Yeah, I guess so." Kasumi said, her head resting on my shoulder.

After another minute of sitting together in that position, we started to get up and hand in hand, we walked to the classrooms, parting ways when we had gotten to where we had to split up.