Chapter 9

One Year Later...

When the school day was finished, Kasumi and I walked to my house under a single umbrella. Today I had already promised to help Kasumi study for upcoming exams and we ended up agreeing to do the studying at my house. What I hadn't expected for today however, was a storm. As the sky is blotted out with clouds and the rain hits hard, as well as the occasional thunder and lightning.

As we studied together, I was able to make some progress with Kasumi since I've been helping Kasumi study on occasion for more than a year and so I've started to get the hang of how best to help her.

"Y/n, can we please take a break?" Kasumi asked

"Alright, I'm starting to get thirsty anyway." I said "Want me to get you anything to drink?"

"That sounds good. Thanks Y/n." Kasumi said

"Alright, then I'll be back in a minute." I said, leaving my room. As I walked down the hall, I noticed that the boom of thunder was becoming more and more frequent as time passed but I shrugged it off, as I didn't really consider the storm getting closer that big of a deal. I went and got me and Kasumi something to drink and returned, as I opened the door, I saw that Kasumi was holding a pamphlet I had left at the side of my desk.\

"I'm back." I said, placing Kasumi's drink beside her.

Kasumi was looking at the pamphlet and said "Y/n, I didn't know you were checking out colleges. You told me a while back that you still had no idea where you wanted to go."

"I still don't know where I'm going to go for college. My brother has just been trying to go to the college he goes to and gave me that trying to persuade me. I have zero clue why he wants me to go there so much." I stated "I do have some stuff in mind for the future, but nothing really set in stone."

"Oh really? What do you have in mind?" Kasumi asked

"Can we talk about that kind of thing later?" I asked. I haven't really sorted the thoughts in my head in much detail, so it'd be nice to get those thoughts sorted before I talk about it much.

"Alright. Then we can talk about it later." Kasumi said

Me and Kasumi continued to talk for a while longer before I decided that it was time to finish our break and get back to what we were doing before.

----------------------------------

After I helped Kasumi study a while longer, as a flash of lightning appeared, the entire house went dark. In combination with the dark sky outside, it became harder to see and the hum of the ceiling fan came to a stop with the fan.

"Crap, I guess the storm knocked out power or something." I said "It's been a year or two since this last happened during a storm, but if I remember correctly about the last time, the electrical company sent someone out to fix whatever the problem was within the hour or so."

"Alright then." Kasumi said

"Since it's a bit too dark to read, how about we talk about something until the power comes back?" I suggested, before going to lean up against the side of my bed

"That sounds good to me," Kasumi said, walking over to where I was in my dimly lit room, sitting beside me and putting her hand overtop of mine. "Is there anything in particular you want to talk about?"

I thought for a moment and suggested "Maybe we can continue our conversation from earlier. About our plans for the future I mean. I still haven't really figured how to word it so I dunno how much sense I'll make, but it could help me get it all sorted out"

"Okay, for one thing I'm hoping to go to the same college as you. That way we can spend that extra time together." Kasumi said

I wrapped my hand around hers and said "I'd definitely enjoy that. I guess I should figure out where I want to go to college then. I actually kind of have an idea of where I want to do after college."

"Really? What is it?"

"I'm thinking of maybe trying to become a psychologist or something." I said "I dunno, I just feel like it's something really interesting that maybe I could find fulfillment in." I answered

"That's great to hear. I know you'll be really helpful to people if you become a psychologist." Kasumi said

"Thanks. Still, there is one thing for certain that I want to do in the future." I said, "In the future, after both of us are out of highschool and in college, I want to someday get married to you."

Although the room was dim and it was hard to see the specifics of anything, I saw Kasumi smile before she brought her lips to mine and we shared a kiss. "I'd love to marry you too Y/n." Kasumi said before resting her head on my shoulder

"When the time comes, I'll do everything I can to make you happy. And when the time comes that I actually propose, I'll do the best I can to make it special for you." I said

We continued to talk for a while longer, waiting for the eventual return of the power. While I wish I had my future further figured out, beside Kasumi I feel like it'll all end up fine in the end with me making her as happy as I am to be beside her.