Chapter 4

Mercedes came home on a Wednesday. She'd looked up where Tennessee was and its weather so she could pack for her stay then for her December traditions.

When she was finished, she left her closet and went to lie down. It had been a wild work thing in Japan but she was home now and could relax.

Half an hour later, her phone rang loudly, playing her favorite Vivian Green ballad. She answered. "Hi."

"You're back, Sissy!" Quinn yelled.

"Yeah. I'm trying to nap though-"

"You can sleep later. We have to go shopping."

"Why?"

"So you can wow Sam at the photo-shoot."

Mercedes blushed. "Quinn-"

"You want to keep him, yes? You have got to loosen up. Show a little leg."

Mercedes huffed. "I'm not going without our sisters."

"But Marcy-"

"All of them."

"She won't want to go!"

"All or nothing."

"Fine! I'll call."

Mercedes said nothing, knowing the blonde was having a temper tantrum.

"We can meet at Chanel in an hour. Bye, Mercy."

"Bye, Quinn." Mercedes hung up and went back to sleep, confident Marcy would put a pin in shopping.

X

Mercedes was dead shocked Marcy agreed to shopping. She let Clark park the car and waited for him to open the door. She smiled for photos and ignored questions about her relationship with Sam.

Clark hurried her into the store.

Her sisters were waiting for her so she went to see them. Clark went to hold up a wall with the other bodyguards.

"Hi!" She was so tired but she loved her family.

"Hi, Mercy!" Each hugged her.

"So what are we shopping for exactly?"

"For you." Quinn beamed.

"We're not grilling you." Marcy swore.

Quinn pouted.

Laura smiled. "This is just a shopping trip. No nosiness. Promise."

Mercedes beamed. "Okay! Let's go!"

X

Tina sat next to her best friend and sister-in-law. "Hi, Mercy."

"Hi, T." Mercedes needed to rest her feet.

"I know Marcy said we couldn't ask you questions about Sam but I have to know; does he make you happy?"

Mercedes giggled. Of course gossipy Tina would ask anyway. "Oh T."

"I'm serious. If he doesn't, I'll tell Mike on him."

Mike would delight in running Sam off. Mercedes grumped. "I'm happy, T."

"Are you sure?" Tina poked Mercedes' cheek. "Your face says you're miserable."

"Tina." Marcy sang.

Tina's eyes widened and she eeped before running away.

Mercedes laughed, a little punch-drunk. "Thank you."