Chapter 7

China was beautiful. Sam (and Stevie) was geeked to go and see everything. When the private jet landed, the brothers disembarked to find a winter wonderland.

They stayed excited all the way to the hotel, which was stunning on its own. Everyone went upstairs to go unpack.

Maddie winked at Stevie as she went in the room with her younger siblings. She mouthed that she'd call him.

Stevie brightened.

Quinn pointed out the Evans boys' room. "The walls are really thick."

"Quinn?!" Mercedes was mortified.

Mike was disgusted. "They're not that thick. We can still hear really well."

"Really well." Marc glared at both Sam and Stevie.

"Shut up and leave these grown people alone." Marcy pointed to her suite with her family. "Get in there before I say you can't touch nothin."

Mal was wild to his heart and glared.

"I'm not playing with you. Get."

Since he loved his wife more than he hated Sam, Mal went inside.

Marcy huffed. "Never marry family. We'll see you guys at market in about an hour."

Ellen waved as she followed behind her wife.

Tina pushed at Mike. "I'm tired and hungry."

Mike glared at Sam the whole time he went to his room with his family.

Laura pushed at Marc. "You heard Marcy. She wants to go to market. You're not going to make me late."

Marc led his family to his room but gave Sam an ugly look on the way.

Stevie went inside his room.

Quinn rolled her eyes at her family. "I'm sorry about them, Sam. Come on, Sissy."

Mercedes wanted to talk to Sam but Quinn was (always!) the boss. She gave him a strained smile before picking up Beth and following her sister to their room.

Puck waited for them to be gone. "Sorry I didn't warn you about Against All Time."

Sam was shocked he was being nice. "Against All Time?"

"The movie that scared the shit out of you?"

"How'd you know-?"

"It scares everybody but the bad ass little girl that was in it; Mini Mama."

"Mini Mama?"

"Marcy." Puck clarified.

"Oh. She's not scared of it?"

"She's not scared of nothin."

Sam could use that. "You said she was in it?"

"Mama ain't tell you everything, did she?"

"Mama?"

"How about we go downstairs for a beer and I fill you in?"

Sam could surely use a friend and definitely that beer.

X

Sam's mouth was hanging open by the time Puck finished filling him in. He didn't tell the blond everything but enough so he'd be prepared for the rest of the week.

"She's perfect." Sam muttered.

"Yeah, Mama them on a different level than the rest of us."

"How can I compete?"