Chapter 9

Mercedes checked on Jesse in the morning but hurried to find Sam so they could spend the day together. All the couples wanted to go shopping together. To insure Marcy would go, they had to shop for things she liked so the men were appeased.

It was quite a few of them as it was Larc, Tike, Quick, Melcy, Samcedes and Steaddie along with Carrie Bentley and her husband, Ronald Bentley; London Blue Feather and her boyfriend, Finn Hudson; Natalia Taylor-Capaldi-Trudeau and her husband, Leonardo Trudeau; China (Blue Feather) Follies and her husband, Luc Follies; Paris (Blue Feather) Nixon and her husband, Jude Nixon; Karou Abrams and her husband, Arnold Abrams and their wife, Yuria Abrams; Joey Fabray and his wife, Mary Fabray; Timothy Chang and his wife, Lin Chang; Johnnie Fabray and his wife, Tikal Fabray; Kerani Seon and his wife, Regina Seon and Gregory Jones and his wife, Stefanie Jones.

The large number of people left their children with nannies and went into the city to shop.

First they went to jewelry stores. Marcy would never be a girly girl but she loved anything shiny. Mercedes was happy about that because she wanted new baubles.

While she was distracted, Marcy gave Sam a bit of jewelry so he could give it to her sister. It was all a part of the plan. That he actually had no idea about.

Marcy played the long game every time she played a game. She was tired of Mercedes being alone when everyone else was booed up so she decided that Sam was perfect for her big sister and she was going to remove Mercedes from her own way so she could get him.

If everything went according to her plan, Sam and Mercedes would be getting married next Christmas.

Xish

After the jewelry store was a music store. The plan got a little fuzzy as Marcy went crazy finding music for herself but she didn't get so out of pocket that she forgot her goal.

She gave Sam a particular record.

He was shocked by it even though he didn't know the artist.

Marcy knew though and as long as he gave it to Mercedes, it'd be right.

Xish

After the music store was a music instrument shop. There she gave both Sam and Mercedes gifts to give to the other without the other knowing.

Then she got a drumkit for herself as a reward.

Xish

They made a pitstop at an accessories shop and Marcy gave Sam an accessory for Mercedes.

Xish

Next was a shoe store. Sam understood now that he must be Christmas shopping for Mercedes. He loved the idea and luckily he had money saved up. He'd always wanted to shower a woman in the things he couldn't afford to do when he was younger.

Marcy gave him a particular brand of shoe.

Xish

Marcy had to go shopping at an art store. There was no way she couldn't. But she gave Mercedes a gift for Sam.

Mercedes "realized" her sister was trying to self-soothe. Something must have happened and she was using retail therapy to soothe herself.

Mercedes planned on getting it out of her sister as soon as they were alone.

Xish

A home goods store was next. Once again Marcy gave both gifts for each other.