Chapter 6

After Anne apologized, everything went swimmingly. The group had dinner and spoke of things that interested them. They got to know Mercedes a bit and she got to know about them a bit.

Sam thought this was going great and could see something coming from this fake relationship.

When the night ended, Sam left with Mercedes and Clark, citing an early morning meeting. She was amused because she did have an early morning meeting.

The trio left to go to the airport and flew back to LA.

X

Mercedes answered her phone even though she was tired and jet-lagged. "Hello?"

"How did it go?!" Quinn gushed.

"Quinnie!"

"Did I wake you?"

"Yes!"

"I'm sorry. But you need to get up. The shoot is soon."

"Poop." Mercedes felt like she'd gotten zero rest.

Quinn giggled. "Bring Sam."

"Bring Sam what?" Mercedes sat up in her bed.

Quinn cracked up. "Bring Sam to the shoot!"

Mercedes woke up then. "What?!"

"Yeah! Maybe he can get in on a few pictures?"

"Quinn, I just met this man!"

"But you like him. I know you, Mercy. You like him a lot."

Mercedes burned badly, happy no one could see. "I-"

"Like him. And you should. He's so cute."

Mercedes giggled. "Stop it!"

"He is! We can trade. You know how Puck feels about you. I can try Sam out."

"Stop trying to take my boyfriend!"

"Will you still take Puck?"

Mercedes screamed with laughter. "Yes! I'll take Puck and T!"

Quinn screamed herself. "That's Marcy's job!"

Mercedes felt better after such a silly conversation. "Ah! Thank you, Sissy."

"You're welcome, Sissy. But you do have to get a move on. Marce said she was sick of waiting on us."

"Us?" All of that messed Mercedes up so she checked her phone for the time. "Quinn?! How could you let me sleep so late?!"

"Hey! You just picked up! I've been calling you for hours!"

Mercedes rolled her eyes. "I'm getting you, Puckerman."

"Whatever, Evans."

Mercedes blushed blood red as Quinn hung up. She was so getting the blonde back!

X

Sam was surprised to hear from Mercedes so soon. He thought she'd need at least a couple days to decompress. But nope. She called him the same day they'd gotten back and asked him to go to a photo-shoot with her.

He assumed it was for a new album release. He'd had to do his own for the team. But when he walked into the big building and went to the correct floor, it was not.

Everything looked like a winter wonderland. It was stunning.

He waded passed people to get to Mercedes, feeling like they were connected by a tether.