Chapter 33

Silence lingered in her range of hearing. Nothing was heard except her breathing. She just woke up, but she refused to open her eyes, wanting to sleep more. Unfortunately, she didn't like the position she was in. She was sitting on the floor, so she just decided to half open her eyes.

'Wow. I'm kidnapped again. Just great.' she thought.

She scanned the empty room. No one was seen, so she fluttered her eyes open. As she looked down, she noticed she was in shackles with the chains connected to the wall behind her. She also had new clothing which was a black dress with thin straps on her shoulders and skirt that went above her knee.

'Someone changed my clothes?! Aaah! And it's too revealing! The curtains that I was wearing was just fine. At least it had sleeves that covered my scars and the skirt were below my knees. Who in the world changed my clothes?!' she thought as she furiously reached for the skirt and extended it until it covered her knees.

Her chains rattled which annoyed her even more. She thought someone could just enter the room because of the loud noise and see her in the dress that she doesn't want anyone to see her in. To her dismay, she heard someone approaching the room, in which she calmed herself down and looked at the door.

She watched the doorknob turn as a person entered.

"So, you're finally awake huh?" he asked in an irritated tone.

Mari stared at him for a while before nodding.

"Yes." she answered as she observed his features.

He had green long sleeves and brown pants. His hair looked like fire. The roots of his hair was blond, but as it goes down, orange can be seen. Red was seen on the tips of his hair. His eye colors were unusual. He had red pupils and yellow irises. There was also that scar in his right eye that Mari continued to stare at.

'He looks like he came out of the screen. Isn't he a character from Raging Radical? What was his name again? Lion? Nah. Or maybe it is X-'

The girl's thoughts were interrupted as he walked towards her and grabbed a chair from above her head. He grabbed it towards the other side of the room then sat on it.

"Stop gawking at me." he stated.

"What's 'gawking'?" Mari asked, completely new to the word.

The guy furrowed his brows in annoyance and gritted his teeth.

"Do I look like a f***ing dictionary to you?!" he exclaimed.

1st Warning

The girl clutched her head and took in a deep breath. The pain in her head appeared when the text surfaced. The pounding in her head returned. She repeatedly blinked, in which the text slowly faded away.

"I'm sorry." she apologized.

The guy groaned in annoyance as he stood up and walked outside the room, leaving the door open. She tried to look what was behind the door, but only a wall was seen from her view. She sighed and decided to just break free from the shackles that were holding her back.

She tried twisting and turning her hand while the other one held the chain to prevent it from making any noise. She tried different attempts to break free, but it just won't come off.

'Guess I'll just rot in here...' she sighed, feeling the cold metal on her skin.

'Somehow, this feels familiar... not because of numerous times I've been captured before. Just no.'

She stared at her metal bracelets that were stuck on her wrists and traced her fingers on its surface.

'Oh, right. This is how it feels like when somebody expects you to be who they want you to be...'