It's Burning You Down

(Mouse's POV)

"Are you sure that we're going to find your friendc?" Jeffree asked as we could see the sun starting to set.

"Sure" Jordan said, ever unconfidently as he continued up the very steep, treeless hill.

"That doesn't really sound convincing" Jayy muttered under his breath.

"We should find some kind of shelter" I suggested, seeing that it was getting even later, before seeing an abandoned house lookign thing, maybe even a small lake house.

"Sure" Jordan sighed, looking over and saw how late it already had gotten.

"Who wants to go in first?" Kay asked. By the sound of her voice, I could tell that she was a freaked out just by the look of this place. I don't blame her, I would be too if I wasn't born into a world that was okay with the Hunger Games.

"I'll do it I guess, one of you guys better watch my back, I ain't for that zombie shit sneaking up behind me and biting the living flesh out of me" Jayy sassed as he got up the stone cold steps and opened the loud creaking door, flashing his light in it, seeing what he can see throught the dim lighting and the increasingly setting sun.

"Stay and watch" I ordered Kat as the rest of us went in, Jayy checking the back room, Jeffree and Jordan upstairs, and me towards the front looking stock room, finding nothing, and from the looks of it, this place was straight up abandoned and pretty much completely empty with only a few boxed here and there, which I made sure not to trip over.

"I guess we're all clear" I said as I went to the four of them, seeing that they placed their stuff down.

"I'll be taking first watch" Jordan said as he grabbed Jayy's axe and opened the door and went on the front porch. I placed down my sleeping bag and went in, facing the door so I can wake up easily, I closed my eyes and could feel myself drifting into sleep.

"Come on, you have to wake them up!" I heard Jordan yell to someone, which I assumed was Jayy. What was going on? I tried getting up, finding out that I couldn't even move, but was aware of everything around me, including creaking going all around me. I could swear I could smell something burning. Were the trees on fire?

"Mouse! Mouse please just wake up!" I felt and saw Kat shake me, trying to wake me up, but for some reason, I don't really feel like it, as if out of no where I just got a huge sense of calm. I don't know why though, mentally I know there's something terribly wrong, but physically, I'm just pushing it off as if it is just some bad dream.

"Kat go outside, now!" Jayy shouted, running with the bags of weapons and having one hand holding her wrist and the other on her shoulder.

"She.. She wont wake up! Why wont she wake up? I didn't her any canons. Did you? She... I think... I'm pretty sure she still has a pulse. She couldn't be dead right...?"

"She's fine, you get out of here, I got her" he then picks me up bridal style and I for some reason couldn't see where Jordan was. I knew that Jeffree was already outside, but I knew that Jordan was still in this building somewhere. Once we were outside, a really cold wind him me, making me open my eyes right on the spot, almost as if it was a nightmare where you'd wake up automatically and breath heavily, trying to recover over what your mind had played for you. As I looked around, I realized my vision was completely blurred out and everything seemed to be muted in the background and all I could hear was my own heartbeat and breathing.

"Hey Mouse, I need you to get up, can you do that?" He said, although his voice was very faint, I could tell what he was saying throught the vibrations his throat would make. It took me till now to realize that I was still in the sleeping bag. I guess he noticed too because after that he quickly took me out and set me on my feet, facing away from the building, meaning I was facing towards it. I could see the smudged colors along with the moans and groans of the woods as it pops and creaks along with a loud canon going off.

"Jordan!"

. . .

What do you guys think is going on?

Thoughts?

Vote

Comment

Fan ~

Song: Fire