Chapter 26

Kurumi was holding onto the bouquet she bought for Kuroo as she watched him during his graduation. She was upset that she couldn't see him in school anymore and just the thought of it made her want to cry. As she continued to watch the ceremony, she didn't know if she could hold her tears any longer that she turned to Kenma and handed the bouquet. Kenma gave a confused look, yet accepted it.

"I'll just go to the bathroom," she forced a smile before running off to a more secluded area. Who would have thought watching their boyfriend's graduation could be this upsetting?

As she was trying to calm herself, her what-ifs returned and messed up her mind. This caused her to sigh at her pathetic self. She already told herself that she wanted to give it a shot, yet here she is, still thinking about the what-ifs. As she was absorbed in her thoughts, she wasn't able to hear a footstep approaching behind her. 

"Oya, Kitten, I had to look everywhere for you," she heard Kuroo's voice as he hugged her from behind.

She flinched at the sudden voice and contact but calmed down right after she knew it was him. "I'm sorry, is the ceremony already over?"

Kuroo nodded but stared at her with a slight frown.

"What's wrong, Tetsu?" She asked.

"Is something bothering you?" He asked as he turned her around to cup her face between his large, warm hands. As she couldn't reply to him, Kuroo carressed her cheeks with his thumb. "Kitten, please tell me what's on your mind."

She just smiled at his words. "It's nothing really. Don't worry about me."

She tried to pull away from him, but he tightened his grip on her. "Tetsu?"

"Is this about your what-ifs?" He asked.

Her eyes widened as he guessed it right. Once Kuroo saw her reaction, he stayed silent for a while before speaking. "Did you know? My favourite element is uranium."

She gave him a confused look at his words, but asked him, "Why?"

"Because I love U," he grinned.

This managed to bring a smile to her face, much to Kuroo's relief. "I love you so much that I am willing to put effort to make our relationship work. I will do my best to blow away your worries."

"Do you think you will still love me even after you start your university?"

He smiled reassuringly at her. "How can I ever fall out of love with you?"

As Kurumi's face turned brighter at his every word, he just had to say one more thing to make her truly better. As he tried to think of one, his face lit up when he finally got one.

"Are you made of Carbon?" He asked.

Kurumi, this time, gave him an expectant look. "Why?"

"Because it feels like my world revolves around you."

She finally gave him a bright smile that Kuroo loves. He chuckled at her as he bends down his face closer to hers. "Can I kiss you?"

Her smile was gone as she stared at him with wide eyes and a red face. As she panicked at his request, she saw that he had a gentle smile, making her nod subconsciously. He immediately reduced the distance between them, colliding their lips together. It was a gentle kiss in which Kurumi could feel his feelings towards her. Kurumi gripped tightly onto his shirt as she kissed him back. She felt Kuroo smile between their kiss. 

When they pulled away, Kuroo still had his gentle eyes as he looked at her. Meanwhile, Kurumi's shyness grew larger and larger that she ended up burying her face in her hands. As she tried to cool her red face, she heard a rustling sound from Kuroo. She peeked through her fingers and saw him removing the second button from his uniform. He then handed it to her which she accepted as she stared at him.

He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly as he spoke. "I heard that giving your second button to someone is like declaring your love towards that person since it is the closest to our heart."

She smiled at his words and held onto his button tightly inside her fist. Soon she placed it safely inside her bag before gripping onto his shirt. She stared at him as she tried to gather up her courage.

"Kitten?"

She tiptoed and kissed him on the lips, catching Kuroo by surprise. When she was about to pull away, Kuroo wrapped his hands behind her lower head and back, deepening the kiss. He then bends his upper body lower, allowing her to place her feet completely on the ground. Once they pulled away, she saw Kuroo smirking. "I think I can get used to this."

Kurumi blushed as she looked away from his eyes. However, there was a smile displayed on her lips. 

"Congratulations," she finally greeted Kuroo.

"I'm glad I got to end my high school year with you as my girlfriend," he said. "I love you, Ume."

Her eyes widened, nonetheless smiled widely as she said it back to him with a smile. "I love you, too, Tetsurou."

• • •

You're the Higgs boson particle of my life because, without you, my universe wouldn't matter.