Tis But A Scratch {3}

Trigger Warnings for child abuse and panic attacks

This is the last part and probably the last chapter of this book. I'm mostly present on AO3 where I post more works. (More at the bottom) 

The days of hospitalization couldn't end any sooner. Miya dreaded the day of his release, nausea washed over him as he watched Kojiro sign him out of the hospital. He lent on the desk, trying to make it look like he was just bored but pulled the blanket Langa had bought him around his shoulders tighter, praying that the interaction between Kojiro and the receptionist would end soon. Miya felt a hand on his shoulder, another one against his forehead, the hand was cold but it burnt Miya's skin like an iron rod.

"Miya. Are you feeling okay? You look a little pale." Kaoru asked quietly, drawing Kojiro's attention to them. Miya nodded, scared that if he talked he would throw up or pass out. His body felt uncomfortable and too hot under the blanket and hoodie he had around him but shivers ran down his spine. The feeling was awful, making him want to panic or cry.

"Kiddo?" Kojiro asked, crouching down in front of him, now finished with his interaction with the receptionist. Miya nodded his head again, but when he moved more waves of dizziness and nausea swept over him, his heart beating faster and faster, to the point he was scared it would burst out of his chest. The sound of ringing in his ears got louder and louder, completely overtaking him.

Miya opened his eyes, staring at the hospital ceiling. His head was resting in Kaoru's lap, Kojiro kneeling next to him, holding his hand gently, while a nurse put a cold cloth on his forehead. He rubbed his eyes, trying to sit up, confused about the situation, both Kaoru and Kojiro looking concerned, which seemed to be a resting expression of theirs for the past couple of days.

"What happened?" Miya asked, letting Kaoru pull him back down to rest. He was still feeling dizzy and nauseous, still coming in waves but at least it wasn't as bad as it was.

"You passed out. Do you experience panic or anxiety attacks often?" The nurse beside him asked, she sounded a bit like his mother so Miya didn't trust her completely, opting to move closer to Kaoru and burying himself in the hoodie he was wearing. Kaoru noticed his hesitation and decided to answer for him, knowing the nurse wouldn't get an answer otherwise.

"He's probably still a bit out of it, and he's not that talkative." Kaoru answered and the nurse nodded. She stood up, after removing the cold cloth from his forehead. Miya was thankful that Kaoru answered for him, holding onto his shirt tightly, scared he was going to pass out again due to the dizziness he was starting to feel again.

"He should be okay now, give him a few more days rest before sending him back to school or putting him in a stressful situation. If panic or anxiety attacks like this happen again, book an appointment with a child psychiatrist. The things he went through were traumatic enough without extra stress." The nurse added before leaving the room.

Miya removed himself from Kaoru's lap, sitting up in an attempt to overcome another wave of dizziness. Kojiro put a hand on his back to stop him from falling back if he passed out again.

"Can we go..? I don't like it here." Miya asked, moving onto his knees, steadying himself before standing up. Kaoru helped him up, holding onto his hands for a few seconds making sure he wouldn't fall again before letting go. Miya stood on shaky feet, relying on Kaoru to hold him up. He was still scared that he was going to fall again and both Kaoru and Kojiro could see it.

"I'll carry you to the car." Without waiting for an answer, Kojiro picked him up, holding him gently. Miya had no complaints, letting himself curl in Kojiro's arms, enjoying the feeling of comfort and safety, even though he knew it wouldn't last that long.