The Day You Left Me

"I knew you could be dramatic but this... goddamn it Kaoru, you look like a mess." 

Kaoru looked over at Kojiro who was stood over him, his skateboard in his hand. Kojiro was looking down at him, clearly judging him and his actions. Kaoru filliped his friend off, putting a hand over his eyes to protect them from the sun, which had decided to poke out from behind the clouds. 

The two were on Kaoru's flat roof, Kaoru was laying down on his back, his phone playing a soft melody, which was barely audible to Kojiro. It was clear he had been crying, and for hours, his eyes were puffy and red. He was also wearing a large hoodie which was uncharacteristic of him, Kojiro immediately recognized who the previous owner of the hoodie was, Ainosuke Shindo. 

"Shut up." Kaoru mumbled sitting up. He hugged his knees tightly, refusing to look at his friend. Kojiro sighed and sat behind him, gently braiding his pink hair. He knew Kaoru was heartbroken after Ainosuke left, but never noticed how badly he was taking it. If he was acting like this somewhere he could be easily found, Kojiro didn't want to think about how he was acting in private. 

"I know you're taking it badly.. but he left us. It's not your fault K, I promise. He's just... a dick." Kojiro reassured, wrapping his arms around Kaoru's waist, resting his head on his shoulder. "And you still have me right?" 

Kaoru nodded slighting, moving his head so Kojiro couldn't see him tear up again. But Kojiro knew him too well, and placed a gentle kiss on top of his head. Kaoru couldn't help lean back, desperate for affection, but too scared to ask for it. The last time he asked he was left on his own. 

"Why did he leave?" Koaru asked hugging his knees tighter, he blamed himself for Ainosuke leaving. "I'm sorry...for him leaving." He added, burying his face in his knees. 

"Koaru. Look at me." Kojiro said sharply, causing Koaru to look at him quickly. "This is not your fault." 

Koaru shook his head gently pushing Kojiro away, who let him go reluctantly. He noticed that Koaru was hurting too much for him to be able to help, he never was good at giving advice but always tried his best, especially with Koaru. 

"It is Kojiro. I know you liked him too, I saw the way you looked at him. I know you loved him and now that's all messed up because I was an idiot." Koaru ranted, burying further into his hoodie, and played with the sleeves of his hoodie. Kojiro held his wrists gently, sighing gently. 

"You are not an idiot. Ainosuke was.. is an asshole, he made the decision to leave. He was the one who made that the decision. I don't care about loving him. He hurt you. And you're more important than him." Kojiro pulled him into a tight hug, running his hand over the braids he did earlier. 

"It'll be okay. I promise."