Chapter Eleven

Hudson

"You know what?" Josie says after slamming down her third shot. "Fuck it all. I want to have fun! Whoever says I can't? Fuck 'em."

I smile at her from behind my own drink. That curse word shouldn't sound so good rolling off her pretty lips, but it does. I want to hear her say it over and over. Preferably in pleasure, not anger.

Her boyfriend is probably who should be here consoling her. But from the looks of it he left her in the rain, and that's on him. She came and found me.

I should be hooking up with the bartender right now, or getting attention from the girls who liked my show.

Instead, I'm drinking with a girl who is taken, thinking about how good it would feel to tangle my hands in her hair and show her what its like to be with someone who's mesmerized by her.

"I can sing!" She continues on with her drunken rant. "I love to sing. I should be allowed to do it. We sound fantastic together."

"We do." I take the next shot away from her, "But I think you need to slow down, lightweight."

"Fine." Josie pokes her bottom lip out, but it transforms back to a smile within seconds. "You're coming to dance with me."

"Josie, I don't dance."

She cocks her head at me, giving me an innocent, sexy smile. Her hands land on my thighs, right above my knees as she leans in.

"I wasn't asking. Come on."

And, who am I to argue? At this point, I think I'd follow this angel right into the pits of hell.

Josie laces her fingers with mine and eagerly drags me out to the floor. The strobing lights dance across her skin as she gets into the rhythm. She turns her back to me, causing her ass to grind against my crotch as she still holds my hands, flipping her hair about as she moves her hips.

The irony of her being in an angel costume while doing the dirtiest things I've ever seen her do is not lost on me.

This isn't how I expected my night to go, but I'm not mad about it.

"You can dance with me, you know." She turns, gripping my biceps and keeping steady with the beat. "You don't have to stand still as a statue."

I place my hands on her hips, resisting the urge to dig my fingers in and pull her against me. It's not that I don't want to touch her. It's that she's drunk, and I'm a little tipsy. It's that she's taken, and I'm used to one-night stands, and I'm not sure one night with Josie would be enough for me. And she's taken.

She's fucking taken.

"Hudson." She stops swaying, looking into my eyes. "Please dance with me. Pretend we're on a date or something. Like, I'm one of your many women." She says the last part with a teasing tone. "Pretend I'm not Josie. Pretend I'm anyone else. Someone you want."

I scoff, though I'm sure she didn't notice. She's crazy if she thinks I don't want her. There isn't any other woman I can think of who even comes close to piquing my interest like she does.

"It's not that I don't want you, Josie."

I spin her back around, pulling her against me again and pressing my hips against her ass, knowing she can feel exactly how much I want her. Fuck it. If she wants me to pretend, I can do a lot better than that. I wrap one arm around her shoulders, the other around her waist as her back presses into me and we dance to the music.

"I don't have to pretend you're someone else, Josie, and I can't pretend we're on a date either. Because if we were on a date... we wouldn't be on this dance floor."