karaoke 🎶

"YOU MUST BE SWIFT AS A COURSING RIVER!!!" Aru belted out.

"WITH ALL THE FORCE OF A GREAT TYPHOOOONNN," Mini sang.

"WITH ALL THE STRENGTH OF A RAGING FIIIIIRREEE," Brynne joined.

"MYSTERIOUS AS THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOOOOOOOOONNN!!" They all chorused together.

Aiden and Rudy clapped, the latter significantly more excited of the two.

"Mini, you're a surprisingly good singer," commented Rudy.

"Oh," she smiled shyly. "I'm not that good, but thank you."

"Who wants to go next?" Brynne asked. "Rudy, why don't you go next? Actually, do you even know any Disney songs? My karaoke machine only has Disney songs on it."

"I think I know only one, and that's because Aru wouldn't stop singing it. It's called Let it Snow or something. Or was it How'd it Go?"

"Let it Go? Aru, why the heck were you singing that song?"

"Hey, don't judge! Frozen is a classic."

Aiden shuddered. "Aru forced me to watch that with her, like, a few weeks ago. I don't mind the movie, but she kept replaying the Let it Go scene! After the fourth replay, I just couldn't do it anymore."

"You're the one who agreed to watch it with me!"

"Well, had I known you would be replaying one scene a million different times, I wouldn't have watched it with you."

"Hmph."

"I wonder if Rudy will be able to hit those high notes," Mini thought out loud.

"He probably won't, so let's enjoy embarrassing him," Brynne shoved the microphone into his hand then plopped down on the couch, grinning like a psychopath.

Aru was surprised, to say the least. Rudy actually had a pretty nice voice. It was smooth and pleasant--the exact opposite of his personality (get roasted, Rudy). Singing was something Aru had always wished she was better at. Talented singers just seemed to possess this coolness and unattainableness that she definitely wouldn't mind having.

"Aiden!" Mini called. "You're next."

He shook his head. "Nah, I'll pass. You guys know I hate singing."

"Just do one song. Don't ruin this night for us," Brynne glared at her best friend.

"No thanks."

"C'mon!" Aru flashed her cutest puppy eyes. "Please, Aiden. Just one song. And you can duet with someone so you don't have to sing alone!"

He looked at her for a moment before facing the ceiling and releasing a deep sigh. "One song."

"One song."

"Alright, fine."

"Yay!" Aru cheered. "What song are you going to do?"

"I don't know. Who wants to do it with me? I'm not going up there alone."

"Why don't you sing with Mini?" Rudy asked.

"What?" Mini shook her head.

"Yeah Mini, you should sing! You and Aiden would sound really good together," said Brynne.

"Um, are you sure?" Mini glanced at Aru. "You don't wanna sing--"

"NOPE," Aru said quickly. If she was a better singer, she would've jumped at the chance to duet with Aiden. But, unfortunately, she was very far from such talent. "Go ahead. Can you guys sing A Whole New World? I feel like that would sound really good."

Brynne pushed a few buttons on the machine, and the melodic, pretty tunes of the classic Aladdin song began filling the air.

"I can show you the world," Aiden began. "Shining, shimmering, splendid. Tell me, princess, now when did you last let your heart decide? I can open your eyes, take you wonder by wonder. Over, sideways, and under on a magic carpet ride. A whole new woooorrrllddd. A new fantastic point of view. No one to tell us, 'no,' or where to go, or say we're only dreaming."

"A whole new wooorrlldd," joined Mini. "A dazzling place I never knew. But when I'm way up here, it's crystal clear, that now I'm in a whole new world with you."

The two went on, switching between verses, Aiden as Aladdin and Mini as Jasmine. Their voices blended prettily together, like smooth honey.

Aiden should sing more, Aru thought. He was seriously talented. Why would you waste such a gift? His voice sounded so soft, but strong at the same time. It was very . . . romantic.

NOPE, I DID NOT JUST THINK THAT. DO NOT THINK ABOUT THAT. STOP. STOP, STUPID BRAIN, PLEASE.

At the conclusion of the song, Aru, Brynne, and Rudy all applauded noisily.

"You guys sound pretty good," Rudy grinned. "But not as good as me."

"Thanks, cuz," Aiden rolled his eyes and sat down next to Aru.

Aru tensed. She forced herself to relax, but she looked more constipated than chill. "Um, you sing nice," she said, then immediately grimaced. Why, oh why did she have to be so awkward?

He shrugged with a small smile. "Thanks."

"For my birthday, you must serenade me with Justin Bieber."

Aru didn't think she had ever seen Aiden look so horrified. "Please no."

"It would be less for my enjoyment, and more for your suffering," she cackled.

"Why are you like this, Shah?"

a/n sooooo, ive been rewatching all the classic disney princess movies and i am OBSESSED. aladdin and mulan are my favorites, so you can see how they made their way into this oneshot lol.

question: what's your favorite movie?

hope you enjoyed the chapter! love you guys, see you next wednesday!!

- abbizzzz ❤️