chapter 29: Maria Greene

[ i apologize if there would be any errors ( grammars, spellings and such more ).

ROMEO'S POINT OF VIEW

As the "Little Romeo" suddenly disappeared, I  remembered clear flashbacks. All I could see are when these couple named Maria and Peter chose me from the adoption homes, when my new family was being disrespectful to me. I even can remember distinct voices of my so-called parents talking to each other while I am outside of the room.

Flashback

"Look, I don't have time for this, alright? We already adopted him exactly eight months ago and you're planning to get him back?" Maria said.

--

"Yes, I know who you are, and do you actually thought that I will believe that?" Maria continued in anger.

--

"I don't care that you regretted it, because first of all, you decided to leave him and just beg to me to give him back? Never!"

--

"He's one of a kind, that's why."

"Don't make me say this twice Melinda, alright? We made a bet, and bet is a bet."

--

"What did she said?" Peter asked as he walked around the room and Maria slammed the telephone.

"She wants Rodolfo back and wanted Philip to quit his job." Maria replied as she sighed.

--

"Okay, can you please explain what really happened in your conversation?" Peter asked.

"Melinda wants to have Rodolfo back because she just found out that he has been in the adoption home and also adopted for almost 2 years. She also found out that Philip is working with us as Mafia bosses, so  she wanted him to quit his job." Maria explained.

"Lastly, she also want to keep Rodolfo away from us because we are dangerous and might kill him one day."

--

"I guess, but one of the bets is that we must earn of the youngest family member in the family's blood in order for us to gain the future power we are making."  Maria explained.

"Remember, if you want us to rule the world especially in the future, we must gain this kind of evil magic, Peter. Also, we are not some kind of mafia bosses, we will soon be the creators of the Devilio Magic." 

--

"But it is our son we are talking about, Maria."

"That's why we chose him not just as the youngest member of the family, but also to use his blood in the making. I know it would hurt but we have no choice." Maria said.

--

"What about Melinda? What are we going to do about her?" Peter asked.

"I don't know, maybe kill her? Seize her? I don't care, it's your choice to do so." Maria said then Peter sighed.

Present

"Romeo? Romeo??" Madam Tia said as she waved her hand right infront of my face then I immediately zoned out.

"Oh, I'm sorry Madam Tia. I just remembered some more flashbacks from what really happened." I sighed as I looked at her.

"I heard a man calling someone 'Maria', do you atleast know them?" She asked.

"Apparently, I do." I said.

"Well? Any information you could atleast tell me?" She asked as I looked down.

"You're right, I do have something against them, because it seems like they aren't just my so-called parents when I was a kid." I said then she did a confused face.

"They are our enemies." I said as I looked up at her then she gasped.

TRAVIS' POINT OF VIEW

"Hello?" I said.

"Finally, you called me Travis Johnson. I've been waiting for this moment for a long time." The woman said on the telephone then I did a confused face.

"M-May I ask on who you are and how do you know me?" I asked in confusion.

"My name is Maria Greene, and I want to know something that I failed to have from the past years, and I know you want to know some things as well, Travis." Maria said.

"You know what maybe I was calling the wrong number." I mumbled as I put down the telephone.

"Don't you dare put down the telephone or else you wouldn't figure out what someone close to you is hiding from you, Travis Johnson." Maria said.

"You literally think that I am stupid to listen to you and your dumb lies?" I asked as I scoffed and put back the telephone onto my ears.

"Well what if I tell you that my dumb lies are actually the truth, Travis?" She asked as she mocked me.

"Look, I don't want to waste my time on you, Maria. Goodbye and don't even dare to find out any information of me again." I said in anger then I ended the call by putting down the telephone.

I sighed in relief and at the same time very nervous on how did she know my name. I looked around and noticed that Lauren and Dad weren't inside the house. I automatically thought that they were buying groceries or some food for dinner, so I decided to went upstairs to my room.

As I was supposed to enter my room, I heard a doorbell from our front door then I went back downstairs and opened the door.

"Travy! Look who we have here!" Lauren exclaimed as I opened the door.

Lauren and Dad went to the side as I saw my Mom from behind, smiling at me.

"Mom! What are you doing here? It's not yet weekends." I exclaimed as I smiled.

"Well, Lauren and your Dad decided to surprise you with me for your birthday tomorrow!" My Mom said.

"Oh wait, I forgot that tomorrow is my birthday." I sighed as I did a face palm.

"Don't worry honey, what matters is we are all together for your special day." My Mom said as they went inside then I closed the door.

"Thank you everyone, this really means so much to me." I said as I smiled then they chuckled.

"Oh by the way, we saw a mail from the mailbox and it is written with your name." Lauren said.

"Right, and we figured that you would get the mail yourself. It might even be from your girlfriend Juliet." Michael said.

"Travis has a girlfriend? That's awesome! When can I meet her?" My Mom asked.

"We just had a little celebration hours ago with her girlfriend, Emelie, but we can meet her again tomorrow during lunch!" Michael exclaimed.

"That's great, I can't wait to meet her, Travy!" Emelie chuckled.

"Me too Mom, but I will ask her if she is available tomorrow." I chuckled back.

"Alright sweetie, don't forget the mail!" Emelie said then I nodded and went outside.

I walked to the mailbox then slowly opened it. I saw an envelope with my name on it, so I nervously grabbed the note. The note says 'Prepare on what might happen to you and most especially be caReful on who you arE with Travis, you might end up regretting everything. -Anonymous". I started getting very nervous then I automatically looked around the surroundings.

~ mj <3