Chapter 4: Safe

Nicks pov -

It took me a while to get to sleep, I kept thinking about Demi. Her poor face and body, she must be in so much pain. Only a monster would be able to do that to such a beautiful, kind hearted young woman. I could hear Demi in the next room tossing and turning, at one point she shouted "No! Don't!" But I didn't want to smother her with attention, she was never one for attention. But then she let out a hugs scream, I was startled. I immediately shot up and ran into her, she was sat up and when she saw my she backed up in the bed and covered her face. "Hey, relax Demi, It's me. It's Nick! I'm not going to hurt you." I slowly sat beside her and she threw herself around me. She began to cry and I had no words to soothe her, I lay there with her, and she fell softly asleep in my arms.

I woke up and Demi was still softly sleeping in my arms. I smiled to myself as I looked down at her. She looked to at peace and content. She probably hadn't been sleeping, I was still smiling when she suddenly said "Stop looking at me!" And she wriggled free from my grasp. I placed my hand on her shoulder and asked her if she wanted some breakfast, to which she replied "No thank you, but coffee sounds perfect." "Okay, I'll be right back" I said.

Whilst making the coffee I remembered noticing how thin Demi actually is now, and I remembered the feeling of holding her tightly last night, she really was so thin. But I didn't want to force her to do anything right now. All I want is for her to be safe and get better.

When I went back in she hadn't moved. It was gone 9:30am so I woke her and handed her the coffee. She groaned as she sat up to drink it, there was minimal conversation. I was just happy she was with me, she would be safe with me.

Demi's pov:

I didn't want to bring up last nights disaster. I felt so embarrassed but I was also so glad Nick held me tight. He is such an amazing friend, with such little contact for so many years for him to take me in like this, just shows that he is a very good person, and will make the perfect husband, for a very lucky girl one day.

"What are you thinking about?" His voice interrupted my thoughts. "Me? Oh nothing!" "Okay.." He replied. "So..what do you want to do do today?" Nick asked. "If you don't mind, I'd like to just stay here for today. I need to get myself together, I'm a mess." "Okay, well I need to go get some groceries, do you want to come?" He asked. "No thank you, I'll hang out here if that's okay?" Nick just nodded and drank his coffee.

When Nick was in the shower I made the bed and got myself another cup of coffee and watched a bit of tv.

After his shower Nick proceeded to walk in front of the tv in nothing but a towel. I couldn't help but notice how prominent his muscles were. He had really changed a lot from what I remember him! He was so short an-- "Hellooo.... Demi...??" Nick said loudly. "Hmm..sorry what?" I said, as I looked up at him. "What are you looking at me like that for?" He asked. "Like what? I was just looking is all." "Oh. Okay, then" I then turned to watch the tv and Nick walked out. When he left I kept smiling to myself, he was so sweet last night, I kept thinking back to it. It had been a very long time since I had felt such a loving touch. "I'm going now, is there anything you want?" He asked, interrupting my thoughts once again. "Urm, you may want to stock up on the coffee" I said whilst smiling at him. "Okay, see you soon! I have my cell so don't hesitate to call if you need anything!" "Bye" I called.

Once I had finished my coffee I got up to draw a bath, I went into my bag and got out a sweater and leggings and made my way to the bathroom. I stripped off I front of the mirror and my mood plummeted, instantly once I caught a glimpse of my body in the mirror. Running my hands over the cuts and bruises, counting the scars and remembering what I did to deserve them. I instantly felt nauseous and ran to the toilet in fear of vomiting. I sat there for a few moments before hesitantly standing up and climbing into the bath. I lay there, I must have drifted off as Nick was suddenly back and calling out for me. I had such a fright and jumped out of the bath, and shouted to him "I'm in the bathroom don't come I--" I couldn't finish the sentence as he had already walked in. Our eyes met and silence filled the room, he instantly turned red and I could feel the tears brimming in my eyes. He was only in there with me for about a 30 seconds but it felt like a life time. He suddenly left, slamming the door. I heard him lean on it from the outside and I began to sob. I couldn't believe he had just seen my naked body. He could see everything, and would probably be disgusted in me. I stayed in the bathroom for the next hour. I could hear Nick making a racket in the kitchen. I discreetly ran out of the bathroom and into the spare room, I got into the covers and lay there, replaying this afternoons events over and over.

-------------------
Hope you like it. I'm not too sure on this chapter, let me know what you think!
Jesy:)
Twitter: @ddlbitxh