Chapter 13: Stood before me.

Demi's pov -

Oh my god, I can not believe it. What is he doing here? What if he hurts me. What if he hurts the baby? He was staring right into my eyes. Suddenly, Nick stood up and turned to face him. Nick was almost twice the size of him. There was a few minutes of silence before Nick spoke.

Nicks pov -

"What are you doing here?" I asked, trying to contain my anger and hatred toward him. "I have come for my wife." He simply spoke. He made his way over to Demi. I couldn't let him touch her. I didn't want him to be anywhere near her. "Nick.." Demi breathed, as I turned to look I heard him behind me, I turned back and he was in my face. I was chest to chest with the ass hole who broke her. "Stay away, and I won't hurt you." I said, pushing my finger into his chest, causing him to take a step back. "Nick, I want to go home." Demi said, her face stained with tears. "Sure, let's go." I said walking to her. I put my arm around her and pulled her in to ensure he wouldn't be able to touch her.

We walked past and he reached out. I quickly moved Demi out of the way and threw my first punch. "Get off of her!" I screamed into his face. Everyone was staring now. He didn't move, he looked at me in shock. I turned to Demi, grabbed her and made way for the door. "I still love you, damn it" he shouted to her. She was struggling to breathe because of her crying.

We got into the car and I pulled her into me, she was shaking, her face stained with running make up. In an attempt to calm her down, I wiped away her tears and rubbed her back. Once she quietened down I pulled back, "Ready to leave?" I said. She just nodded and put on her belt. The care ride was silent, I could hear her sniffling and there were tears falling silently down her face, onto her chest. I put my hand onto hers and she held it tight until we got home.

I pulled up outside the apartment and we just sat there, me staring at her sad face. "Come on, let's go inside" my voice broke the silence and it startled her. She just looked down and nodded. I held the door open for her and she walked straight passed me and went into the bedroom without saying a word. I left her for a few minutes and got myself freshened up.

I walked into the bedroom and she was on the other side of the bed curled up in ball. I walked and leaned on the bed and put a blanket over her. I got up to leave and she spoke "Lie with me?" Her voice so sad and weak. I didn't answer, I just lay next to her, my chest pressed against her back and my arms wrapped around her. Before long she fell softly to sleep.
----------------------------------