Chapter 3: You're Fired

Third Person's Point Of View

"It's good to finally meet you in person, Ms. Hwang. I read your profile and noticed that you're the most in demand bodyguard in your agency; turns out you're rank one, and now I know why," Mr. Lee said, intrigued. "I'd like for you to meet my daughter, you'll be her —"

The brunette quickly interrupted her father, crossing her arms, "No, I take it back, dad. I don't want a personal bodyguard." She switched her attention away from the woman in front of her, her brows wrinkled.

Mr. Lee was perplexed as he observed his daughter.

He questioned, "I thought you were already on board with it?"

She firmly shook her head and stated, "Give me another bodyguard; I don't want her."

"Why is that, then?"

Chaeryeong briefly went into shock. Her ex-girlfriend was the one her father recruited to serve as her personal bodyguard, but he is unaware of this.

Except for her older sister Lia, no one really knew about the brunette's romantic relationships. Yeji has already met Lia before when they were together, and Chaeryeong anticipates that when Lia learns that Yeji is her new personal bodyguard, she will likely make fun of her.

"I-I... I don't trust her! I mean, look at her, can she really guard me?" She tried to invent an excuse to turn down his father's offer.

The brunette was in extreme anguish. How has she fared with her ex-girlfriend out of all the bodyguards in their country? It's likely that fate is manipulating her emotions once more. Although she had already moved on, the abrupt appearance of Hwang Yeji brought back the agony she had previously experienced.

Before, she used to wonder when she would see her again. She waited for her... until she became exhausted and finally decided to just forget about her. All she feels now that she's in front of her is hatred.

She despises how her memories are returning to her, all the suffering she experienced when Yeji left her and how she dealt with everything on her own.

Since when did she become a bodyguard?

She bit her lower lip to keep her emotions from expressing.

She hates the fact that the cat-eyed appears to be emotionless when they made eye contact, as if she never cared. It's as though nothing ever happened between them. Like she's already forgotten about her.

"You shouldn't undervalue her, Chaeryeong," he warned. "I asked Ms. Yuna to find me only the best high skilled bodyguards she could find, I would never settle for less when it comes to your protection."