Chapter 4: Broken Rule

Third Person's Point Of View

As Chaeryeong walked towards her room, she noticed that her hands were trembling.

She could just turn around and confront Yeji, it would be so simple. It's simple to question her about everything that has happened between them in the past, but of course she wouldn't. She's not sure why it's challenging for her right now, though. She was waiting for this moment ever since, to finally meet her again. Is it possible that her pride is to blame?

Opening the door, she sat down on her bed and crossed her arms. Following closely behind, her personal bodyguard gently closed the door while she bowed her head and continued to stand close to it.

There was a brief moment of silence before the brunette spoke up and turned to face her, exhaling.

"Since I don't really have a choice, I'll just set some ground rules here," she began. "From now on, you're going to follow my rules whether you like it or not. Do you understand?" She asked firmly, looking at her direction.

However, Yeji was silent and just fixed her gaze on the floor. Right now, she almost appeared to be a statue.

Chaeryeong raised an eyebrow in anticipation of a response and she nearly rolled her eyes when she realized that the other had no intention of doing so.

She then stood up with her hands in her pockets, and walked towards her, laughing sarcastically, "Are you deaf or something?" stopping after five feet. "You do not leave me hanging when I'm talking to you, Ms. Hwang. Answer me." She commanded.

Yeji had no choice but to comply with the brunette's wishes. She nods slightly.

"I understand, ma'am."

Being satisfied that she had made the bodyguard speak, she turned around and walked towards her bookshelf. She has a lot of books because she enjoys reading and it helps her escape from reality.

"Good."

She takes out a book and flips through the pages, though she clearly isn't going to read it right now. She simply does not want to sit and talk to her ex-girlfriend while doing nothing; it would be extremely awkward.

"First rule: Never talk to me when I'm with someone I know— actually scratch that, don't even talk to me at all." She scoffed. "Get it?"

Once again, she was met with nothing but silence. She thought she would lose it because it was getting on her nerves. It's frustrating her.

She gnashed her teeth in annoyance, "Don't make me repeat myself."

The bodyguard looked at her back in perplexity.

Her voice was as emotionless as always, "My apologies, ma'am. You just said you didn't want me talking to you." She stated.

The brunette tried to calm herself by breathing in and out. She's not sure if the cat-eyed is taking this seriously.

She's freaking unbelievable.

Laughing sarcastically once more, she rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Fine, let me clear this up then: when I'm talking to you, you speak." She then firmly closed the book she was holding and placed it on her work table. "Second rule: do not touch any of my belongings without my permission." Chaeryeong treasures everything she owns, including many gifts from her friends, and she doesn't want anyone to tamper with anything that holds sentimental value for her.