Chapter 7: Truth or Dare?

Lee Chaeryeong's Point Of View

After our talk with Karina, Yeji practically stood guard over me for ten minutes, making it impossible for me to continue having fun as I could when I was alone and free. Her watching me while I drink and talk to people makes me feel uneasy.

Additionally, I occasionally catch her and Winter interacting as they walk by, which is making my head hot. It might simply be the alcohol rush.

Karina walked past again to speak with other guests, and Winter was instinctively behind her. Winter came to a halt in front of Yeji once more, and they were talking about something I was unable to comprehend because they were merely a few steps away from me.

My eyes rolled. As I shot another glass and swirled the residual liquid, I tsked, "Why does she keep smiling like an idiot?"

"What did you say?" Giselle asked, prompting me to turn to face her. Oh, right, we were just discussing how much we miss each other and our life in general. I got completely distracted.

"Oh nothing. Please continue." I said and smiled.

She appeared to have noticed where I had been looking recently because she also cast a quick peek towards Yeji and Winter's directions. I just got caught glancing at them in private, and I can feel my cheeks going heated.

"Hmm, are you jealous?" She teased with an annoying grin.

My eyebrows automatically furrowed. "Why on earth are you saying that?" I turned my gaze away.

She giggled before shaking her head and waving her hands. "I'm just kidding, Chaer. I just noticed you kept looking at them, isn't she your bodyguard, Hwang Yeji if I'm not mistaken?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Mhm, yes she is. I'm just making sure she's doing her job and not blabbering around." I boredly set my glass down. We are at the counter right now. Giselle, Ningning, and I. Ningning just departed to get some food for herself, though she will probably return shortly.

I have not seen Lia unnie around; given the social person she is, perhaps she's spending time with her buddies. I'm not sure if Ryujin is also present, but it's most likely that she is, given that Yeji located me here. Like, how? We turned off our GPS and made sure there were no concealed tracking devices in our clothing, thus leaving me still unsure how they tracked us here.

"Hmm, sure~" Giselle's tone was teasing and it made me roll my eyes again. "You know, I also haven't seen Winter smiling like that when she's around. I wonder what her and your bodyguard's connection is." She said.

I shook my head, "Why are we even bringing them up? Not that I care, anyway." I sipped my freshly acquired beverage. I am not sure how many I have already consumed, but I believe I can still manage some more.

She chuckled, amused. "Geez, alright, let's change the topic then. How about we play a little game at Karina's basement?" She suggested, excitedly.

My eyebrows perked up at what she said. Finally getting excited after getting bored for a long time.

Even though Yeji stated that we would leave in 10 minutes, she's not taking me home yet. It appears to me that she might be enjoying her conversation with Winter. Tss.

"Did I hear the word game?" I was startled when Ningning suddenly appeared, she was eating some nachos.

Giselle grinned. "You've returned just in time. Let's invite Karina as well, and Lia, I think I just saw her around the corner a minute ago."