Chapter 6: Party

Lee Chaeryeong's Point Of View

The next day, I waited all day for my older sister to return home from work. I tried not to do or say anything suspicious while I was in the mansion since I don't want our plan to get ruined.

Surprisingly, it has been quite unexpected for Ms. Yuna to occasionally check on me in my room this morning. However, she left at noontime because she had business at our company. She doesn't think we have any secret plans to leave, right? They cannot possibly be aware of that.

At almost 6:00 pm, Lia unnie arrived home, and I was relaxing in the living room. Her eyes widened as we made eye contact, as if she were speaking to me with her eyes. I immediately understand what she's trying to say. Let's meet after dinner.

Taehyun is still away from home, possibly with friends or doing his personal stuff.

Ryujin greeted when she saw me, "Good evening, Ms. Chaeryeong," as she always does.

She always greets me since their first day here, and I get the impression that she has a fun personality. I guess I am kind of getting close to her now.

I returned Ryujin's greeting by smiling and waving. "Good eve." I am currently sitting on the couch and watching TV. "Hello, unnie. How's work?" I then turned my gaze to my sister.

Lia unnie smiled before sitting beside me, "Hello to you and to Ms. Hwang as well." She greeted my bodyguard who's currently standing at the corner of the room. Tsk. "Work was easy. The character I'm portraying is very reminiscent of my personality, so acting came naturally." She boasted with a proud expression.

I rolled my eyes jokingly, "Is that so? I better be amazed of your acting skill when I watch your new movie then."

She pretentiously arched her eyebrow while smirking, "Oh, you will be, but you'll have to wait until next year before it comes out."

"Yeah, yeah... mind telling me who your leading man is?" I inquired.

She gave me a dramatic look, as if she was hurt. "Gosh, Chaery, do you not watch any of my interviews? I'm hurt." She then wiped her fake tears, making me laugh softly.

"Duh, of course not, I'm busy reading books," I replied, giggling. "So who is it?"

She's well-known and one of South Korea's highest-paid actresses, so I'm guessing she'll almost certainly be paired with a big-time handsome man. Perhaps someone like Cha Eun-woo? Or maybe even Lee Jong-suk.

"Tss, I figured that would be the case. It's a leading lady, by the way." she said matter-of-factly.

My giggle came to a halt as I processed what she had just said. Leading lady?

"HUH?" I exclaimed, my eyes wide with surprise. The fudge? Is there something I'm missing? Since when did she start accepting that type of genre?

"Why are you surprised?" she asked as she pursed her lips.

I cleared my throat.

"I mean, you're straight right?" I asked after regaining my composure.

"...yeah," she trailed off. Something was definitely off about her. "I-I just wanted to try something new, you know." she laughed. Am I just imagining things or she really does sounds nervous to me.

Is it possible that my sister likes women as well? If that is the case, I would wholeheartedly support her just like as she is to me. Though it would be surprising given that she has only dated men in the past and I haven't noticed her showing any interest in women... yet.