Chapter 5: Invitation

A/N:
The characters' ages:
chaeryeong, yeji, ryujin - 24
yuna - 23
lia - 25

—————

Lee Chaeryeong's Point Of View

Two weeks has already passed since we last went to our resort with Lia unnie, Taehyun, and of course our private bodyguards. Additionally, I haven't been leaving the house due to the high security.

According to what I've heard, there hasn't been any new information regarding the ongoing investigation into the cause of the previous incident. There were no attempts to harm us as well, thankfully.

Right now, I'm incredibly bored and lonely. I have nothing to do right now because Lia unnie has been preoccupied with work. Dad doesn't need anything from me because I already informed him about our property's improvements.

I've been itching to leave the house for the longest time but haven't tried sneaking out... yet.

I was overjoyed to receive a call from my father asking for Lia unnie and me to come to the company immediately so he could tell us something. I'm curious what it is.

I left my room as soon as I picked up my formal attire from the maids who had ironed it. I haven't really been paying attention to my 'emotionless' bodyguard for what seems like an eternity, and she exhibits the same behavior. The last time we spoke was when she stopped me from eating at the resort.

She stayed behind me as usual, and basically followed me everywhere I went. I instructed our driver to drop me off at our company, and after 10 minutes, we came to a halt.

When I stepped out of the car, I was greeted by Lia unnie and Ms. Ryujin. They appear to have arrived first because Lia unnie came from work. It's already 5 p.m.

"Do you know why Dad wants to meet with us?" Lia unnie asked as we both entered the company. Inside, we were greeted immediately by security and other employees.

Lee Motors, our company's name. It is currently South Korea's largest automaker with sales of over 5.5 million vehicles. Our company was established in 1970 to produce bicycle parts, and in 1980 it began producing automobiles.

"I have no idea," I shrugged.

"Well, I'm pretty sure we've been behaving properly for the past two weeks, so we're not really in trouble, right?" chuckled Lia unnie while arching her brows.

We continued walking until we eventually came to a stop in front of a golden brown door with the sign ' President/CEO ' on it.

The moment I opened the door, my father's office was there to greet us. Everything appeared to be well-kept and expensive. Nevertheless, given my previous visits, I'm not particularly surprised. They've obviously changed things around here as well.

"My sweethearts! Good thing you're already here, come and sit," Dad said, motioning for us to approach his table.

"Hi, Dad!" Lia unnie greeted with a smile, and I did the same.

"You said you wanted to tell us something, dad?" I asked as I sat down.

Ms. Shin Yuna is also present in the room, and she bowed when we made eye contact. She is currently wearing eyeglasses and has a paper clipboard folder resting on her left arm. I'm guessing she and Dad were discussing about something before we arrived.