11

Seojun grew more and more worried as he realised that Yunnie didn't turn up to eat

Seojun grew more and more worried as he realised that Yunnie didn't turn up to eat. He caught Soojin's eyes, who shrugged and tilted her head towards Jugyeong and Sooa, who couldn't care less. Why would they? They never got along with each other, other than the times with Jugyeong and Gowoon. But other than that, nothing.

Yunnie didn't turn up till late at night. Around one in the morning, her earphones hung around her neck as she sat against an oak tree, scrolling through pictures of her and her last lover.

Unrequited love really hurts. But it hurts even more when you were the only one who can save them until you aren't that person anymore. You are always the second choice. Or, maybe you weren't even an option.

Yunnie swiped through the different pictures of her and Jisoo. The one whom she loved. The one whom she lost. The one who forgot about her. The one who saw him. The one who never saw her. 

Kim Jisoo. 'The one that got away.'

However, she didn't survive for long. Sung-Yong and his jerks along with Semi and her bitches would team up and bully her. One night, Yunnie found them in an alleyway and instantly fought them off. And since that night, Jisoo and Yunnie became the best of friends.

Although they weren't in the same school, Jisoo being in Yongpa High and Yunnie being in School of Performing Arts Seoul,(which Jisoo didn't believe at first.) they still hung out after school every day. 

Little did Yunnie know, that Jisoo's bullies went to the same school that she did and that they bullied her each day. Jisoo didn't want to tell Yunnie, so she kept quiet. She suffered every day. Yunnie was oblivious to the fact that Jisoo slowly but surely fell into a deep depression. Yunnie, however, started to develop feelings for Jisoo. But that didn't make their friendship falter one bit. However, a certain individual did.

Jeong Seyeon.

He took Jisoo away from her. Yunnie didn't have any evil intentions to the late singer, but she didn't like Jeong. Not one bit. He didn't even know Yunnie. Jisoo never told him about her. Or so she thought. But she told all about him to Yunnie.

And slowly, Jisoo and Seyeon developed mutual feelings for each other and started dating and Yunnie was just... there. Seyeon cured her depression and became her happiness. Something Yunnie strived to do, but never could. Jisoo didn't prioritize Yunnie as she did before.

Before, when her dad would hit her, Yunnie would call her to their favourite place to eat ice cream. But ever since Jeong came, she never answered her phone calls. And eventually, the two just... fell apart. 

But then, rumours sparked up that Idol Seyeon was a delinquent in school. People started to turn their backs on him. Except for Jisoo and his two friends. Yunnie didn't care. She had turned as cold as ever. And stopped smiling. It was near impossible to make her smile then. However, that would change once she met Soojin and Seojun.

Seyeon ended up taking his own life. Jisoo was miserable when she heard. And Yunnie tried to reach her. Not because Seyeon was gone and she now had a chance. No. She would never stoop that low.

She did it to try and salvage their friendship. But, Jisoo blocked her out completely just like she did before. But this time was different. This time, Yunnie knew what Jisoo was going through. But to no avail.

And then, the worst happened. Jisoo ended taking her own life. To join her lover in the afterlife. 

Yunnie was dead. Just dead on the inside. Everything seemed numb. Her ears were ringing when she heard. Yunnie couldn't take it anymore. Her father's abuse got worse once Yunnie came out to him, that she liked girls too. He kicked her out of his house.

And then, Yunnie enlisted in the military. 2 whole years. She tried to forget about Jisoo. She prayed that she could forget her as she did. Nevertheless, she couldn't forget her. But the darkness was consuming her. 

Unfortunately, she fell into those cursed arms that she had been avoiding. New scars would appear on her wrists every day. Yet no one noticed. Just like Jisoo. But Yunnie wasn't planning to die just yet. No.

Her battle wasn't over.

When she retired from the military after getting a very honourable position, she had been clean for 4 months. Since her dad kicked her out of their house, she had to transfer out of SOPA due to the high fees that she couldn't pay anymore. So, she resorted to Saebom High.

Yunnie snapped out of her thoughts and looked at her phone which read, 1:37 A.M

"Shoot!" She exclaimed and she got up so quickly, that she fell right back down. She cursed loudly and got back up, running towards the campsite, silently praying that no teachers were around. And to her relief, her prayers were granted.

Yunnie walked back into her tent and jerked to a halt once she saw Jugyeong, with no makeup. Jugyeong turned around after discarding the face mask and jumped in fright when she saw Yunnie. She pointed at her and whisper-yelled, not wanting to wake Soojin and Sooa,

"Where were you?!" 

"I don't know!" Yunnie dumbly whispered back. 

"Oh okay- wait what?!" 

"Sh! Just sleep!" She gestured towards Jugyeong and they both got into their sleeping bags and turned their backs away from each other, Soojin and Sooa fast asleep like babies.

"Yunnie..." Jugyeong said, hesitantly. Yunnie hummed back in reply. "D-do you like Han Seojun?"

"Do you like Lee Suho?" Yunnie fired back unexpectedly and due to the rush of the question and the vastness of it, Jugyeong accidentally said yes.

"Hm. I knew it." Yunnie said tiredly as Jugyeong clammed her hand to her mouth. 

Instead of instantly debunking that possibility which she had planned to, she Yunnie thought for a bit before replying.

"I do like Han Seojun...But-" She thought about the baseball match in which Seojun had confessed to Suho about Jugyeong. 

'If I tell her now, then their friendship will be ruined.'  She immediately thought about Jisoo and herself.

"But I'm going to move on," Yunnie said finally. 

"Why? I mean... why?" Yunnie sighed.

"He likes someone else." Jugyeong gasped slightly and Yunnie felt some movement. She opened her eyes to find Jugyeong taking her sleeping bag, walking around Yunnie and setting her sleeping bag next to Yunnie. She laid down and turned to Yunnie to see her chuckling.

"Why don't you steal him away...?" Yunnie tilted her head and propped her head on her elbow.

"Hm.... Should I?" Yunnie saw Jugyeong nod eagerly, a smile stretched upon her face, reaching her eyes.

"hm. Maybe I will."