sonna thaan theriyuma

Sivangi was humming to herself and was cleaning her room. Binni ma stood awestruck by the door looking at her daughter doing this without anyone asking. Both mom and daughter used to have a fist whenever she asks sivaangi to clean her room. Binni ma noticed a lot of changes in her in the past year and was mostly happy. She showed interest in dressing and ornaments, bindhi has become a daily thing and she also showed interest in learning cooking. Happy that her daughter was growing into an elegant woman binni ma stepped out without disturbing her.

Sivaangi was no less happy than her mom. She was having a perfect life. Her career was stable(both singing and acting), her friends found jobs and were happy, her super singer friends also had good opportunities, her pugazh anna was one of the most wanted comedian in the industry and last but not the least her ashwineyy had 2 successful movies and is in line with reputed directors in the industry. And to know everything happened in a matter of a year she can't help but think cwc was indeed magic. The whole family had a good and successful life.

Her thoughts got disturbed when she heard her phone ringing. She picked it up and saw the caller I'd Anithu akka (Ak's sister). She answered immediately.

Sk: hello akka, epdi irukinga, kutty epdi irukaan?
An: nallaruken da kanna, advik um nallarukaan, un gift reach aairuchu open pannadhulendhu unta pesanum nu ore adam, ne free ya da?
Sk: free dhaan ka, kudunga
Ad: hi sivangi gift super ah irundhuchu
(Background I heard his mom scolding him for calling me by name)
Sk: haha super da unaku pidikumnu theriyum but sry for the late bday gift
Ad: athu ok neenga epo next cbe varinga
Sk: enakum aasa thaan seekrame varen
An: ivan vitta naal poora pesuvaan, ne sollu ma work la epdi pothu
Si: nalla pothu ka
An: seri ashwin pathi unta kekanum da
Sk: sollunga akka
An: athaan Amma romba varutha padraanga kalyanam pechu ku pidi kudukave maatengraan, munna career solliti irundhan, ipo thaan career um set aachula, ipavum ipdi panna ena da panradhu. Kochukiraan athukaaga family naanga summa iruka mudiyuma.
Sivaangi was surprised and she felt heavy hearing all this. Being a friend and well wisher like she claims she should also be happy and wish all this for ashwin but all she felt was fear. She shook her thoughts and said
Sk: puriyudhu ka (trying to sound normal)
An: neraya nalla families lenthu kekraanga ma, itha vitta apram kashtam avanukum vayasaaite poguthula
Sk: na pesi paakren ka, neenga kavala padaathinga
An: seri da apo ne paathuko, na apram pesren
Sk: bye ka

She cut the call and sat on her bed. What was she supposed to do, it's TRUE that she never looked deep into what ashwin and her shared and decided to go with the flow. She really can't put a name into their relationship and just for media purpose they've been going around saying friends and well wishers.
U don't need eyes to see that they are not just friends and they know it too. She thought of just ignoring it and keep things normal but that would be too selfish. Ashwin has been struggling alone for long and she remembers all those times he was sick and alone in his apartment during covid. Even though she was with him in every possible way by frequent texts and calls he still had no one to care for him by being with him. Just thinking about those times teared her up. His voice which always calmed her down was cracked, his tired eyes and dull face was enough for her to lose sleep thinking about his well being. This man claims to be strong and acts like he doesn't need anyone but she knows he is a child at heart who is aching for love and attention. She realised he deserves everything but is she ready to give him up. See someone else care for him and take care of him. She thought about all those times they spent togeather and all those things this man did for her, and just thinking about all these wont be the same if he gets married made her body shiver. She kept her hands in her head and sighed heavily. Everything just a moment ago seemed simple and she can't understand how her life turned so complicated over a phone call.

Vinayak: saapda varlaya
Sivaangi turned towards her brother, looking at her teary eyes he closed the door and sat beside her.
Vi: enna aachu
Sk: Ashwin ena vittu poiruvaaro nu bayama iruku da
Vi: enga irundhu indha topic varuthu
Sk: avanga veetla avaruku ponnu paakraanga
Vi: ithu oru naal nadakumnu unaku theriyum la
Sk: hmm aana na ivlo hurt aavan uh nenaikla, ipo na enna da panrathu
Vi: na onnum sollamudiyathu ne itha pathi avar kitta thaan pesanum. Ipdiye ethana naal u guys are going to hide from the truth, unga rendu peraalayum eachother vittutu iruka mudiyathu nu nalla theriyudhu. Ipovaachu unga relationship pathi open ah pesunga apo thaan ungalukum nallathu.
Sivaangi just nodded to whatever her brother said. He patted her head and went down. Sivaangi took her phone, took a deep breath and dialled him.

Ak: sollu ma
Sk: free ya
Ak: ipothaan take mudinjathu break la iruken en ma enna vishayam
Sk: enaku unna paakanum
Ak let out a sigh knowing how much she missed him, he missed her too but their schedules were soo packed that they couldn't meet and it's been more than a month. Their occasional calls and texts dint help much too
Ak: puriyudhu ma, seekrama meet panlaam ok va.
Sk: Enaku unna paakanum! Her voice cracked and AK stood up frightened
Ak: oi ela ok va, ethum prachanaya
Sk: athella ila, naalaiki meet panlaama
Ak's plan for tomorrow was to go to studio and watch his song recording but that wasn't more imp than his rowdy
Ak: ok ma paaklam
Sk: ok na morning 6.00 pola I'll be waiting in our place.
Ak: ok ma naalaiki paaklaam
He said and cut the call. He remembers all those times she missed him and became adamant about meeting him but today she sounded different. Her voice which was always chirpy and loud had an unusual seriousness. His thoughts were cut when an asst dir opened his caravan and said shot ready. He shook his head mentally noting he'll have A talk with her tomorrow and got back to his work.

Ak reached home by 10 PM and was too tired to even refresh he just pounced on his bed. He missed his family but he can't call them now they'll again start the topic of marriage which is not what he needed ri8 now. He turned to his side and saw the small photo frame of himself, his machan pugazh and his rowdy in centre. He smiled recollecting the memories from the show and thanked god for sending these ppl to him. Ever since the show they've been this kutty gang who always checked on eachother, stood for each other and helped each other. Pugazh is his fav buddy and they have a lot of fun and then there is his rowdy whom he never calls her as a friend because he knows thats not what they share. But he didn't wanna dwell so much on that fact and happily accepted whatever he got. To be honest he was really thankful that she is in his life and dint wanna complicate things as she was young and he also dint wanna change her innocence. But after not able to see each other for this whole month brought different perspective on their relationship. Maybe he wanted more but can he voice out and risk the bond and everything they've built for this past 1 year. He shook his head and rubbed his eyes, he has to wake up early to meet his rowdy and decided to get some sleep which would be impossible if he starts to think about all these. So he set an alarm, switched off the lights and went into deep slumber.