chapter 6

Ashwin focused on the road without uttering a word. The tension was too much that it could be cut with a knife. I was mentally hitting myself to have let my guard down soo much to live the moment and was afraid if it scared her.
I thought may be switching on the radio might ease the awkwardness but dismissed it instantly afraid of the song that could play, god knows how many songs we have for reminiscing our spcl moments.
On the other hand this silence was too much for sivaangi to handle. In my whole life as far as I can remember this was the longest I have kept quiet, i tried to analyze his face trying to understand what he was thinking but it was just blank. Tired of this defeaning silence i spoke up.
Sk: en mela ethuvum kovama
Ak was astounded at her question, why the hell would he be mad at her considering his behaviour just minutes back.
Ak: enakku ethuku kovam varapothu
Sk: ila car la erunadhulendhu oru vaartha pesala, na ethuvum thappa
She dragged and Ak stopped his car suddenly.
Ak: loosa ne, apdi paatha nyayama naa thaan sorry Kekanum, yosikaama antha nerathula
He couldn't find words and he just got down from his car.
I looked around and realised we reached our place and got down as well
(Imagine this place, only it is dark now).

I followed him and askedSk: ethuku sorry?He stopped on his tracks and faced me, I strided towards him and stood beside

Sk: ethuku sorry?
He stopped on his tracks and faced me, I strided towards him and stood beside. The haunting ni8 sky felt magical because of his presence and the raging waves dint worry me.

Ashwin's mind was chaotic and cursed himself for not just dropping her home. Her velvety skin under the moonlight with her hair sticking and tickling her face due to the wind was testing my self control too much. I turned the other side to avoid her eyes which was glistening with desire.
Sk: sollu ethuku sorry?
Ak: I crossed my limits today with you, athaan
Sivaangi was bemused by his response
Sk: ena paaru ma
Her voice was extremely soft amd placid which brought comfort to me. I turned and finally met her eyes as she took another step towards me.
Sk: seri ok u crossed the limits ne vachuklaam, enaku pidikaatha maari irundhucha naanum thaan inikku...
She dragged
Sk: enaku therila ma, ithuku munnadi enaku ipdi irundhadhilla na enathaan casual ah elar ta palagunaalum naanum oru ponnu thaan, I can differentiate touches. Inikku it wasn't friendly but enaku pidichirunthathu, it was warm and pleasant. Ne thayava senju guilty ah la feel pannatha, it was mutual.
I was dumbfounded by what she just said. I couldn't beleive my rowdy was having this conversation with me, the girl who used to fight with me over another scoop of ice cream. I've always advised her to become more matured because of the field we were working in where ppl could easily use u and throw, and her heart of inviting everyone into her circle worried me but right now all I could do was admire her maturity and how much this girl has grown in this past 1 year.
I nodded unable to form any sensible words at that moment. If only I had the courage to wear my heart in sleeves as her.
I chuckled thinking about our relationship, sivaangi gave me a questioning look.
Ak: namma enna pannitu irukom sivaangi
Sivaangi understood his state as she herself had no idea. She thought she should just jump to the point
Sk: ungalluku veetla ponnu paakranga la
Ak: unaku epdi theriyum
Sk: akka sonnanga, ne othuka maatengra nu ena pesa sonnanga
Was she serious, she wants me to discuss this with her especially after all that happened today.
Sk: en ashwin
Ak: unaku theriyaatha
Sk: ne sollu
Ak: epovum solluviye "ne sonnathan theriyuma, intha moonji paathe kandupidichiruven uh" ipayum purinjuko
Sk: mudiyathu, ipo ne enna paathu sollu, en venaamnu
Ashwin stood shook up by her behaviour and at the same time saw her pleading eyes. May be this was their moment, if he opened his mouth now everything would change but is he ready for that change.
Ak: unake theriyum enoda trust issues pathi, en life la inime oru ponnu vanthu avaloda acquaint aagurathu la enaku ishtam ila.
Sk: enna namburiya
Ak: loosa ne, ipdi ne kekrathe enaku pidikala
At that moment the beauty that sorrounded her was not the crashing waves or the gleaming sea but the love amd trust he had on his eyes. She just hugged him without thinking much and buried her face within his chest.

Ak was uncertain at first but then hugged her back. Both were too loaded with emotions and words weren't needed to feel how much they meant for eachother.
Sk: apo ne en kudae irundhru, kalyanam la venam. 
A sense of delight filled Ashwin's heart upon hearing.
Ak: apo ipdiye irundhuruva, kalyanam eh pannika vendaama
Sivaangi knew he was trying to get the words which she was extremely shy to tell out of her.
Sk: inikinu paathu en un brain ivlo back uh vaanguthu
She said moving from his embrace, ashwin was controlling his laugh seeing her annoyed expression.
Ak: ennama ne sonna thaana theriyum
Sk: sonna thaan theriyuma, unaku en kudave irukanumnu thonunathu ilaya?
She asked innocently, ak became serious and lifter her chin so that she could see his eyes.
Ak: kudave na, purila
Sivaangi was getting fed up with this dancing game, took a deep breath and held his hands praying god that whatever came after should not harm their relationship.

Sk: ennala una vittu koduka mudiyathu, aniku akka call panni unaku ponnu paathurukaanga nu sollumbothu evlo hurt aane theriyuma, una ennoruthi oda imagine panra thairiyam kooda enaku ila. Ne neraya enakaga irundhurukka, enakaana space and respect kuduthurukka ipo na ipdi solrathu athe elam advantage edukra maari kuda iruklaam aana enaku ne venum, epayume. Ne jeikum pothu un pinnadi ninnu kai thaatnum, thokum bothu un munnadi vandhu aarudhal sollanum, una kolantha maari paathukanum, ipa maari epayume ne enkitta mattum un kurumbu thanatha kaamikanum, iniku maari ennikume na un mela paithiyama irukanum, life la ula ela experiences un kooda share pannanum, enakum thonum bothu una katti pidikanum. Ne solla sonna solliten ipo ne sollu, ithu elathukum en kooda irupiya?
My voice cracked at the end and my eyes were staring to well up. I myself couldn't beleive the words that came out from my mouth. Ivlo aasa vachitu edpi di ithana naal irundha I asked myself. Ashwin stood stock still, I knew he would have been more than stunned hearing my confession. And I was waiting patiently for him to say something gripping his hands more tightly.

Ashwin was speechless, itha vida alaga yaaralayum propose panna mudiyathu, she created magic in whatever she did and each word from her mouth was making a stamp in his heart. Her eyes were cloudy and i knew she was expecting an answer and I was just making her suffer every second I stood quiet. I released my hands from her and gently cupped her cheecks, I looked straight into her eyes and finally said those 3 words
Ak: I love you

Sivaangi shut her eyes tightly as soon as she heard him which made the tears overflow from her eyes and she just rested her head straight on his chest. She was sobbing because of too much welled up emotions and relief and ak understood she had to let it out and just hugged her caressing her head. His confession was not too long and emotional like hers but those 3 words in his sincere voice and his yearning eyes were like a promise for lifetime.

They stood in the same position just relishing and enjoying being in each other's arms. It was a long awaited moment and it couldn't have been more perfect🤍