𝙸-

1943, New York.

      You were currently cooking when your phone rang. You rushed to the object and picked it up.

"Hello?" You asked through the device.

"Hi y/n." Said a familiar British voice.

"Peggy! What can I do for you?"

"Actually, I'm the one who needs you. I know that you're looking for a job since the place you used to work is closed, I need someone with me at the SSR."

"Oh, Peg, I would love to! Plus, we will keep each other's company and deal with men together." You replied with a chuckle.

"Fantastic! I suggest we meet up tonight at the World Exposition Of Tomorrow?" 

"With pleasure. I'll see you there then. Bye Peg!"

"See you later y/n." Peggy hung up.

A content sigh escaped from your lips. "This is going to be amazing." Suddenly, the smell of burnt caught your attention and your eyes widened. "The chicken!"

***

Somewhere in New York.

"You just don't know when to give up, do you?" Said the loud man. "I can do this all day." Retorted a skinny boy as he attacked the guy. "Hey! Pick on someone your own size." Yelled a taller man in a uniform. After helping his friend to get up, he sighed. "Sometimes, I think you like getting punched."

"I had him on the ropes." Said the blond as his savior picked up an enlistment from the ground. "How many times is this?" Asked he. "Oh, you're from Paramus now? You know it's illegal to lie on the enlistment form. And seriously, Jersey?"

"You get your orders?" Asked the skinny man, avoiding his friend's question. "The one-o-seventh. Sergeant James Barnes. Shipping out for England first thing tomorrow." Replied proudly James.

"I should be going." Said Steve. "Come on, man. My last night! Gotta get you cleaned up." Cheered the future soldier. "Why? Where are we going?" Asked he. "The future." Retorted James as he handed him the newspaper he was holding.

***

At the exposition.

You managed to spot Peggy in the large crowd. She waved at you and you walked towards her. "Good evening my dear y/n, how are you?" Asked the British woman. "I'm doing great thank you. I might have burnt my chicken at lunch but it's just a detail." You replied with a chuckle.

"Are you coming or not?" You asked as you began to walk. "As much as I would like to, I have work to do at home. I just wanted to see you before and make sure you were really okay with tomorrow." Replied she.

You sadly smiled. "That's fine, I'm gonna try to find my brother into this...Mess." You said gesturing to all the people. She placed a friendly hand on your shoulder. "Have fun then, don't party too late, or else you'll be exhausted tomorrow." She said before leaving.

You shook your head and laughed. After good ten minutes of intense face analysis, you spotted your brother. "James!" You yelled to get his attention. He turned around and saw you coming on his way.

"Y//n! I didn't know you were coming." Said the brunette. "Peggy wanted to meet up here." You replied with a smile. "Hey, Steve!" You greeted your friend. "Hi y/n." He politely replied, smiling. Music started to play.

"Welcome to the Modern Marvels Pavilion and the World of Tomorrow. A greater world. A better world." The announcer spoke. "Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Howard Stark!" The man came to the stage and kissed a woman. "Why does he always have to do this..." You muttered under your breath.

"Ladies and gentlemen, what if I told you that in just a few short years, your automobile won't even have to touch the ground at all." Said the genius as the female helpers took the wheels of the car on stage.

"With Stark robotic reversion technology, you'll be able to do just that." Announced Stark. He turned on the switch of his machine and the car started to hover off the ground. "Holy cow." Said your brother. 

The robots making the car hover suddenly malfunctioned and the car fell back on stage. "I did say a few years, didn't I?" Retorted Howard making everyone laugh. You glanced to your left and noticed that Steve was gone. "Buck? You got dumped by Rogers, I think he went that way but I'm not sure." 
After this long day, you finally got home. "I can't wait to be tomorrow." You said with a smile as you laid on your bed. You then fell into the arms of Morpheus.

***

Camp Lehigh, New Jersey.

You walked into a tent in order to find Peggy. "There you are." She said with a smile. Ready to be back in the field again?" She asked as you grinned. "More than I'll ever be." You replied. "Good, let's go." 

"Recruits, attention! Gentlemen, I'm Agent Carter and this is Agent Barnes. We supervise all operations for this division." Said Peggy. "Two women, isn't that amazing?" Said a man. You stepped closer to him. "What's your name, soldier?" You asked. 
"Gilmore Hodge, sweetheart." He replied. "Step forward, Hodge." You instructed. He stepped forward and smirked. "Put your right foot forward." You retorted. "Mmm... We gonna wrestle? Cause I got a few moves I know you'll like."

Suddenly you punched him hard in the face, making Peggy stiffen a smile. "Agent Barnes." You turned around. "Colonel Phillips." You greeted. "I see you're breaking in the candidates. That's good! I'm glad to have you back Agent." Said Chester. 

***
Trainees were running up to Peggy, you, and a flagpole. "Pick up the pace, ladies! Let's go! Double time! Come on! Faster! Faster! Move! Move!" Yelled a Sergeant. They arrived at the flag pole. "Squad, halt! That flag means we're only at the halfway point. First man to bring it to me gets a ride back with Agent Carter and Agent Barnes. Move, move!" Screamed Sergeant Duffy.
"Come on! Get up there!" Said some soldier. The soldiers tried to climb up the pole to no avail. "If that's all you got, this army's in trouble! Get up there, Hodge! Come on! Get up there! Nobody's got that flag in 17 years! Now fall back into line! Come on, fall in! Let's go!"
Steve stayed in front of the pole. 'What is he doing...' You thought. "Get back into formation! Rogers! I said fall in!" Yelled Duffy. Steve pulled a pin out at the bottom of the pole causing it to fall over.

"Thank you, sir." Said Steve as he gave the flag to Sergeant Duffy. He climbed into the car and you turned around to face him. "Smart move Steven... Smart move." You said to your friend with a smirk.

End of the first chapter, I am glad to start another story!

I hope you liked it, don't forget to vote and comment, have a good day :)

M~