8.

You had just sat down to eat, when someone flicked the back of your head.

"hey!" You yelled.

"hey" newt mocked. Chuckling he joined you. About 3 minutes later a strong pair of arms wrapped around you waist. You didn't need to look to know who it was.

"why did I wake up in your bed this morning?" You questioned Gally "fully clothed" you added seeing newts face, which had contorted into a grin like Chucks.

"yeah gally?" Chuck asked, mocking your confused face.

"you fell asleep while we were talking last night, and I didn't want to disturb Teresa -who was with Thomas in your hut..." He explained.

"fair enough, but next time wake me up so I can walk there" you giggled and quickly pecked his lips.

"will do" he replied, matching your now blushing face.

"(y/n), you're with zart and the track hoes today" newt informed you.

You finished your breakfast and said "i know, chuck said earlier".

*

*

Unlike working as a builder, being a track hoe was not at all enjoyable. Sure Zart was nice and all, but you just didn't fancy it at all.

The next couple of days were no better.

Being a slicer meant killing animals and you just couldn't! You downright refused so Winston did it for you and although bkyou didn't throw up, you didn't eat anything at dinner or lunch.

Trying to cook as no better- you either burned everything or dropped everything.

Fortunatley, you were decent at being a med-jack and it didn't require as as much doing as being a builder did- a benefit that meant time to think and do nothing but wait, and you couldn't sit still.

It left you humming/singing the song that remembered continually, and trying to figure out why you could remember it.

"that's a lovely voice you got there!" Someone behind you said

Turning around, you saw Teresa in the doorway; she had a small smile and looked very tired.

"thanks, I have no idea how I remember the song... I just do" you replied timidly, as though trying to convince her of your innocence in a crime.

"well it's more than the rest if us remember, so treasure that memory. If we ever get out of here I swear I'll accept any offer of getting my memories back. I'm too curious to know who my family are not to take the offer." her voice sounded distant and dreamy.

"i wouldn't" she looked startled as if remembering you were there. You carried on "i mean, I have made a family in you guys here in the galde. As far as I'm concerned my family didn't care enough to revolt against the creators for putting me here, they haven't tried to get me back"

She was now looking directly at you.

"unless they stopped in the process of coming to get you. We don't know what the creators can do, they made the grievers for goodness sake. I'd say thats the work of a mad man. Anyway I'm gonna go. The doors are closing soon and I want to meet Thomas when he comes back."

"enjoy your date" you called out to her as she began to descend the stairs. She merely chuckled in response.

*

*

*
Im sorry I have been inactive. I will try to post more!
Thank you all for 300+ reads...that's frickin awesome.