"mine."

He kept tracing absentmindedly into my right thigh with his blisteringly hot hand, slowly increasing the pressure. I tried to scoot my thigh away, but he suddenly grabbed it in an iron grip, turning his gaze to his hand. I yelped in pain as he tightened his grip again, the skin underneath his hand starting to audibly sizzle.

"Dabi," I choked out, swallowing a scream, "that hurts-"

"Y'know, mouse," he mused, ignoring me as he continued to burn his palm into my skin, "we're going to be taking you to the Shie Hassaikai compound in the near future for Overhaul to begin his," he paused again, taking a deep breath and gritting his teeth, "research on your quirk, and I've decided that I don't like that-" I bolted upright and started to cry out as the smell of singed hair and burnt skin filled the air. I grabbed at his now-glowingly hot hand pressed into my thigh but he only squeezed harder, slapping my hand away. He slowly turned his gaze from my leg to my face. Something detached and hollow, something possessive and morbid, danced across his face. His fluorescent blue eyes glowed menacingly as a wide, threatening grin spread across his face; the staples holding his jaw in place shifting backwards and up. 

The active sensation of my flesh being burnt underneath him came to an abrupt halt, and he squeezed my leg again firmly as I cried out in pain again. The skin under his hand was tender and, well, cooked, and the pressure of his cooling palm was tugging at the damaged skin. He cocked his head to the side slowly, blinking at me before running his tongue along his teeth. "I don't care, particularly, what it is that Overhaul does during his little experimental studies, but I don't want him taking any credit for finding you," he clicked his tongue against his cheek, his tone smug and detached, "so I thought I needed to give him a more permanent reminder."

I choked back strangled, stunned laughter. "Give him a reminder? Him?" I coughed out in disbelief. "You just fucking, you fucking-" I started to sob, my chest heaving as I struggled over each breath, tears streaming rapidly down my face, "-you just fucking branded me, you know, permanently, on MY body-" I swallowed another big sob, choking on my own tears as my vision blurred, "-because you wanted to what? Prove a point?"

I scooted back up the bed as far as I could, yanking myself out from under him and wailing as I pulled my knees to chest, afraid to look at the massive Dabi-handprint burned into my leg. He sighed heavily and rolled his eyes. "Listen, Bambi, I feel like you're overreacting-" He started, frustration tainting the detachment in his voice just moments ago.

"- you think that I'm overreacting?"

He reached out towards me and I turned my palms to face him, struggling to keep myself from hyperventilating further. The searing pain in my thigh only grew as I pressed my legs together, keeping myself as small as possible. His eyes flashed darkly as he sighed again. "What am I doing wrong, exactly?" He finally asked impatiently, his eyes searching my face as I winced again.

My mouth fell agape, as I was even more stunned than I had been before. Was he serious? "What are you doing wrong? You fucking branded me, Dabi! Do I look like cattle-"

"-no, but-"

"But what!?"

He was next to me in an instant, tossing my yellow blanket over me as his lips brushed against my ear. "But you're mine, aren't you, little mouse?"

I stopped breathing for a moment. I felt as if all of the air in the room had been sucked out in an instant with that sentence. I stared blankly ahead, slowly closing my mouth as tears began to well up in my eyes once more, a shudder running through my body. He patted my shoulder roughly before rolling off of the bed, strolling naked out of the room and across the hallway, into the bathroom.