Chapter 9: Car Keys, Handcuffs, and Being Drugged

Connor’s POV

“GET UP LAZY ASS IT’S TIME TO TALK ABOUT THE MURDERS WE COMMITTED!” Hannah yells and throws a pillow at my face. I sigh. Typical Hannah.

I swing my feet over the edge of the bed and shuffle to the door in an exhausted fashion. It’s too early for this. Usually Hannah sleeps in REALLY late. Like more so than the rest of us.

“How the hell did you get in here?” I asked walking into the kitchen.

“Tavish let me in.” and sure enough there sat Tavish at the table with a cup of tea.

Hannah groans in annoyance as her head pops back up from snooping in the kitchen for something to eat. “You guys have even less food than before! What the hell happened!”

Tavish and I look at each other and try to stifle our laughs. “We had an accident.” I explain while trying desperately to not burst out laughing.

She just frowns and heads to the door. “Hey where are you going?” I question.

“To the store we need some freaking food.” She says exasperated. She opens the door and closes it behind her, and what we hear next Tavish and I would laugh about for days.

“AND NO MORE FOOD FIGHTS YOU GOT THAT BRATS?!”

Tavish and I explode into a chorus of laughs.

Hannah’s POV

I take the elevator, pressing the buttons multiple times because of my impatience. I slowly drift down the elevator shaft, deciding on what food to buy for all of us. My thoughts fumble when I think about the people I hurt last night. I know that they deserved it, so why do I feel guilty?

My deep thinking was interrupted when the elevator suddenly stops. I curse under my breath when the elevator doesn’t move or open. Was I trapped?

Right before I panic, the door suddenly opens to reveal the same people we encountered last night. “WHAT THE HELL YOU GUYS ARE STILL ALIVE?” I yell and point at their blank faces.

They don’t answer and one of the guys grab me, spinning me around and handcuffing me. I struggle in his grasp and I feel my legs buckle under me. I was suddenly exhausted. “H-hey! Let go of me!” My voice cracks.

“Hannah? Hey let go of her!” I look down the hall to see Maile sprinting after me. I yell in pain when the girl injects a shot into my arm, making me have even less energy than before.

Maile tries to pull me away and fight them, but she ends up with her hands cuffed behind her back. “N-no….M-maile…” I trail off while fighting to stay awake. She’s injected with the same thing and falls down next to me.

“HEY ASSHOLES LET GO OF THEM!” I hear a booming voice burst through the stairwell door. Obviously Connor. No one is as loud as he is. Tavish comes through the door behind him, holding my car keys. Damn it. I had forgotten them on the counter in their apartment. I’m such an idiot.

I see Connor trying desperately to beat the crap out of our captors, while Tavish tries to release us from our handcuffs without any luck. They find their wrists bound too, struggling to get up when they are injected with the mysterious substances. “Wow, real impressive guys.” I weakly say with sarcasm, not having the energy to roll my eyes.  “Damn.” Connor simply replies, still struggling to get up. At this point, I was laying on my side, and letting the darkness overtake me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My eyes suddenly flutter open and I am shocked at where I was. I slowly sit up and was about to push the hair out of my face when I remember my hands are cuffed. I move my head around to push it back instead, and take in my surroundings. I was incarcerated in what looked like a cage for holding a large dog in, except it was way more enforced than some dog crate. The room outside was dimly lit and had a creepy, horror movie feel to it.

There were other cages in the room too, and as I looked hard enough in the cages I could see the figures of my friends locked up too.

“Guys?” I question, unsure if it was them.

“Hannah! You’re awake!” I hear Maile’s voice say.

“Shut up. You aren’t supposed to talk.” Said a well dressed man who looked like he was guarding the door.

“Yea? And what are YOU going to do about it?” I question angrily.

“Disobey, and you and your friends will experience their worst nightmares. We were prepared for your capture and arrival. Those handcuffs drains your energy and keeps you from using your oh so precious powers. The injections were laced with your opposite elements to keep you docile for the trip here. We have been waiting for you, and now all we need are the other Elementals. Fate really hasn’t done you well I’m afraid.”

Elementals? What the hell was this guy talking about?

Okay so Hannah wrote all of this and yea. Go check out her profile @potato_gal.