Chapter 1:Tavish

Even though it spawned some cool movies, the Fourth of July sucks. If I could go back...going to the party with them would be at the bottom of my list. It'll be fun they said. What could go wrong they said. Ok...I need to slow down. Connor and Maile were throwing a party...and they invited me. I wasn't going to go. Screw them, I've got family guy. But well...no.

Now, I have to admit, I only had my learners permit but I drove myself anyways. Don't get me wrong breaking the law isn't fun for me but it was the most convenient.

I got to the party and walked to the backyard. Maile and Connor were already there. in the middle of the yard sat a firework machine that looked professional.

"What...is this?" I asked gesturing to the machine.

"This" Connor replied, "Is my boom-boom machine

I have no idea when it all went down, maybe eight o'clock. we started launching fireworks and the party was in full swing. their was music and drinks. It was crazy.

I guess it was a faulty firework that screwed it all up. Connor pressed the button and nothing happened. I heard an explosion and turned to see Connor be thrown off the machine as eardrums and windows shattered alike.

I ran into the fire and put Connor out While Maile called an ambulance. As He was loaded up Maile jumped into the ambulance. I decided to go home

I parked my Jeep at the empty lot near my house and looked up at the stars seeing if there was a bigger meaning behind our lives. I walked home and went to my bathroom to go take as shower. As I looked in the mirror I saw the caked blood around my ear. I wiped it off, took a shower, then went to bed.