Chapter 8:Pillows, Food fights, and Suits

Tavish’s POV

Me and Connor decided to take a walk along the street and enjoy the bright city. We were talking about this one time when I tripped and broke my nose when we were interrupted. Loud crashes and honks tore through the mild noise the city emitted.

Unknown’s POV

I saw a tall blonde haired guy and a brown hair guy right in front of my car then I saw a swirling red vortex and was back a few yards where I had been a few minutes before. I stopped my car and got out. The blonde haired guy looked familiar. I walked over and immediately knew who it was. It was Connor, the boy who had been one of my good friends but had gone missing a few days ago. I approached him, confused at why he was here.

“Hey Connor”

“GREGG!? What are you doing here!?”

“I decided to come up here for a bit to take a break from my parents.”

“Yea so did all of us” So this is where they were? What a coincidence.

Tavish jumped in “Yep. Hannah, Ella, Maile, Connor, me, and now you, are all up here”

“Can I stay with you guys?” I asked pleading. I decided I wouldn’t tell him about the red vortex thing until later.

“Sure, but I have to warn you is can get pretty crazy.” Connor said while chuckling.

I laughed, thinking he was just messing around, but soon found I was quite wrong. When we got back to the building where everyone was staying, I heard screaming and devious laughter through the solid wood door that separated the long narrow hallways of the apartment building from the dangerous things going on within the room. Tavish carefully opened up the door a crack, peering cautiously, only to get a faceful of down and cotton. I flinched, shielding myself with my arms from the oncoming bombardment of pillows pouring out of the room. Finally, they stopped, and I opened my eyes cautiously, seeing a familiar looking girl with long brown hair and olive skin. Maile ran over an enveloped me in a tight hug.

“Mai-le ca-n’t bre-athe” I managed to choke out, my lungs searching desperately for air. She finally released me, giving me a huge smile, and stood up, giving me a hand to pull me to  my feet as well.

“Why don’t we all have lunch so we can talk about what’s been going on?” Hannah, who had also emerged from the room, suggested. Her hair was a wreck from the barrage of pillows Maile and her had thrown. I laughed while pointing at its frizziness and she pouted while glaring at me.

The others chuckled then agreed to Hannah’s suggestion. We tried walking in, only to find that the entrance was blocked from the pillows strewn everywhere. Maile picked up some of them, making a clear enough path for us to walk into the kitchen. We were all seated at the breakfast bar in front of the sink, and Hannah started pulling things out of the cabinets while Tavish took some sort of unidentified meat and cheese out of the fridge. Ella was sitting alone on her laptop next to the window, probably scrolling through her Tumblr feed.