Chapter 10: Blades, Experiments, and a Mad Scientist

Warning: This Chapter contains torture (cutting of other people and burning of a person’s arm) and may make you squeamish. If you do not wish to read such things don’t read it. If not I hope you enjoy Chapter 10.

Tavish’s POV

“Let us out!” Maile and Hannah yell in unison, struggling to get out of their handcuffs.

I looked around my vision still blurred. I saw Connor lying still on the ground, unconscious.

I could vaguely see Hannah across from my cage, trying to kick the door open. “Let us out you bastards!” She yells angrily.

“Well since you look like the most eager one, why don’t we test you first?” The guard says while grinning at her in a malicious way. He opened her cell door pulling her out against her kicks and screams. I pounded on my door, “Let her go you asshole!” He turned and smiled at me “Don’t worry about her, because you’re next.” He said laughing maniacally.

Hannah’s POV

“Let her go you asshole!” I hear Tavish yell above my kicks and screams.

Fear rushes through my body, dropping in my stomach. What did he mean by tests?

He rips open the door, pulling me out of the dim room. I don’t give up though. I hold on to the door frame, holding on for dear life. Wherever this guy was taking me, I sure as hell didn’t want to go. My eyes lock with Maile’s and Tavish’s, eyes filling with tears.

“Help me.” I mouth before he yanks me out the door, dragging me to where the tests will take place. He removes the handcuffs from my raw wrists, making me wince in pain. He then sets me down on a long steel table and they get to work, wrapping straps around my arms, legs, and neck. A scientist looking man walks in but I see he has scars and burns all up and down his face.

“So you are the ugly son of a bi-”

“Shut your mouth girl!” One of the guards yells but the scientist holds his hand to him.

“It’s quite alright. My face is the way it is because of your friend, Connor. We were about to conduct tests and he put up quite a fight. So we knocked him out and will test him later. As for you let’s hope you’re a bit more...cooperative.” he said picking up a syringe. I struggled as he walked closer to me and a breeze began to fill the room. The wind intensified, whipping everyone’s hair all over the place. I felt the power surge within me, and the wind was so strong that the strange scientist had a hard time walking over to me.

“No! Get away!” I yell but he simply ignores my pleading and injects some chemicals into my arm, making me wince from the sharp pain. The wind in the room disappears and no matter how hard I try, I can’t will it to come back.

“Damn! You took it away!” I struggle as he picks up a blade which looked to be made of some kind of stone.

“Stupid girl. No one took anything away.” The strange scientist replies. He grips the handle of the blade, slowly dragging it across my face. I let out a squeal of fear when he presses the blade harder against my neck.