Chapter 7: The Old Days

Ella’s POV

“Where am I?” I looked over and asked Hannah the only familiar face standing over me. “Don’t you remember?” and then it hit me. I was changing and I came to Hannahs then I blacked out. I realized I wasn’t breathing and that I couldn’t feel my heartbeat. I had changed. It looked at Hannah panicked trying to hyperventilate but failing. I ran out of the room ignoring Hannah telling me to come back. I fell against a door in the hall and sank to the ground crying, but tears wouldn’t come. Hannah came, sat down next to me, and gave me a hug. “It’ll be okay” she said. I walked back into the room less shocked. A dark skinned brown haired girl ran up and started bouncing in my face “HI MY NAME IS MAILE!” she screamed right in my face. She was definitely loud. I looked over to see a blonde leaning against a wall who before was holding a knife but now extended his hand in greeting “I’m Connor” He was extremely tall and thin like a stick with kind blue/gray eyes. He was still loud but not quite as much so. Finally a slightly shortened more muscled guy with brown hair walked up and extended his hand. His eyes were a warm brown with little specks of green in them. I shook his hand and sat down on the couch. The boys left with Maile and I was left with Hannah. She got up and motioned for me to follow her to her car. We went to the mall and went into a hot topic. I smiled and walked in. We picked out a bunch of clothes. I got all sorts of band t-shirts (my chemical romance, pierce the veil, black veil brides, of mice and men, etc.) while Hannah got a bunch of anime stuff. We drove back to her place and watched our two favorite youtubers (dan and phil) it was just like the old days when we were in middle school.

She looked over at me “Is it different?” I looked at her puzzled “You know, being dead and all?” I was confused. I wasn’t exactly dead, but I wasn’t exactly alive either. I was caught in a space in between. Almost like a zombie but I wasn’t rotting. I was like the incarnation of death. Yea that was closer. “Eh. I can’t breathe or feel a heartbeat, but other than that it’s pretty normal.” Hannah laughed. She got up and held her hand out to me “Come on I want you to properly meet everyone” I took her hand and got up as we walk across the hall to see Connor and Tavish talking (well Connor was actually flailing his hands but that’s besides the point) and Maile moving her phone while she was playing a game as if it would make a difference. As soon as we walked in they stopped what they were doing and ran over, Maile jumping over the couch, Hannah introduced me to them “This is Maile, she is the gamerist of the gamers.” she said gesturing to the loud girl with dark hair I had met earlier “This is Connor, he’s a musician. Plays bass and composes. He is also louder than Maile” she said gesturing to the blonde “and this is Tavish. He’s a writer and our resident cool guy” she said gesturing to the brown haired boy. I liked that. It was short and simple he was a writer. Nothing more, nothing less. Connor walked off into his room and Maile jumped back over the couch. I followed Connor into his room as we were both musicians (I had played piano once upon a time) he picked up his bass and just began jamming. After a while I walked out to see Hannah on her computer and Maile scream while Tavish sat there in peaceful chaos sipping on some tea. I asked Hannah where I could sleep and she said I could use her bed for now. I could more than likely pay rent for one of these places and they would see about getting one. I walked into Hannah’s room and fell asleep.

Hannah’s POV

I felt something calling me to the roof so I got off the computer and walked up to the roof. Up there the wind was whipping through my hair and I could’ve sworn I saw faces in it but I dismissed it as a hallucination. I just walked over and sat up there admiring the bright night lights of New York. Eventually I heard the door open and Connor walked onto the roof. “Pretty night tonight ain’t it?” he said with a slight southern accent. He didn’t really talk like it anymore, but if you put him and another southerner in the same room it would immediately come back. “Yep” I said with a short answer. I got up to walk off and left Connor on the roof as I walked back downstairs.

Hey guys I know this chapter is crap but recently (in Brooke's words) I've been having chronic writers block. Next chapter should be up soon though. Thanks!