Chapter 6 Im sorry

Shannon can't get past the guilt of her failure. "Uhm I'll meet you back at the dining room" says Shannon nervously. She then runs down the hall desperately trying to get an connection at all. James and Jaiden think its odd and just keep walking. As they walk they hear the sound of an I phone tapping in the room next to them. They duck down and look through a small window leading into that room. They look in and see Shannon pacing up and down the room trying to get a phone connection. "Cmon cmon cmon" Whispers Shannon desperately. "What the hell is she doing!?" Says James angrily but as he's about to get up the sound of a door opening can be heard on the other side. James ducks down again and pears through the window. A figure wearing dark clothes, a hood and a mask is standing in the door way. Shannon looks up from her phone and stares at the figure. "Uhm w-who are you" whimpers Shannon as she takes a few steps back. The figure starts walking towards Shannon. "Please l-leave me a-alone" says Shannon fearfully. The figure gets really close to Shannon "H-hey what are y-you doing?!! The figure then suddenly pulls a knife out of their belt and plunges it into Shannon's stomach and tears it back out again. Shannon's blood splatters down the carpet. "NOOOOOOOOOOO" screech James and Jaiden. Shannon drops her phone and clutches her stomach. "N-no not like this t-this." Cries Shannon as she coughs up blood. "S-splenda I'm s-sorry" She cries as she falls onto her side. Jaiden and James burst Into the room but the figure already  ran off Jaiden ran over to Shannon and knelt down beside her while James desperately looks for something to use as a bandage. Shannon was on her side with tears pouring out of her eyes. "Im s-sorry" says Shannon quietly. "Shannon don't give up you'll be fine! Please god don't give up!" Says Jaiden putting her hand on Shannons shoulder. "N-no" says Shannon. "Its too late I deserve this for failing everyone." Says Shannon as tears pour down her face. "Shannon its not to late and its not your fault please try hold on." Says Jaiden who starts tearing up. "I-i-i'm s-sorry S-splenda" Shannon whispers. Shannon's eyes shut. "SHANNON!?!" Yells Jaiden as she shakes Shannon's shoulder... no response. "James shes gone" says Jaiden as she puts her head down on Shannons shoulder and starts crying. Tears well up in James' eyes he as he sits on a nearby couch. He stares at the ground as his heart feels like a dark abyss. But then he sees something. A small metal object on the ground in the direction the figure ran off. He walks over and picks it up. Its a small badge that he had given to everyone at their last meet up. James was shocked by this. "That means the murderer is.... One of us" James says to himself.  He walks over to Jaiden who's still crying next to Shannon's body and puts his hand on her shoulder. Jaiden touches his hand for a moment then gets up and turns towards him. "James" says Jaiden as she wipes her eyes."I will not let you die here" she says looking directly into James' eyes. "Heh thanks Jaiden" says James. The two share a hug then they carry Shannon's body back to the dining room.