Chapter 9 Sacrifice

James and Jaiden burst into Tabbes' room. The murderer creeps towards Tabbes slowly raising the knife towards her. "STOP!!!!!" Screeches James. The murderer turns to face James and Jaiden. James pushes Jaiden behind him and raises his bat towards the murderer. "Heh heh pathetic" says the murderer in a highly altered deep voice. James and the murder both run towards each other. James goes for the first strike which is blocked by the knife. The murderer try's to  punch James in the stomach but he jumps back. Jaiden watches the 2 fight helplessly flashbacks of her friends murders flash all over her mind as she feels worried sick for James. Tabbes runs past the fight to behind Jaiden. James and the murderer fight some more until the murderer slices James' hand knocking the bat to the floor. James knows thats it.... This is the end for him..... Jaiden stares with tears in her eyes. The murderer mockingly looks at James. James thought to himself that if the murderer focuses on killing him the other two could get away. James looked at Jaiden. Jaiden knew that he wanted her to run but she couldn't... her body wouldn't let her.... Jaiden watches the murderer slowly approach James. The murderer laughs hysterically as James opens his arms and accepts his fate. Jaiden looks at James.... She thinks about all the friends shes lost.... But not James.... She can't loose James.... Not him...... She starts running.... The murderer raises their knife. James closes his eyes...... James feels his body being thrown side ways.... Before he can even open his eyes he hears a  SLASH and the splatter of a liquid on his face..... but as he opens his eyes.... His stomach drops. Jaiden..... Jaiden had pushed him out of the way.... Jaiden..... had taken the hit instead of him. The murderer laughs hysterically so James picks up the bat smashes them in the face damaging the The mask. The murderer runs away clutching their mask. Jaiden stands still for a moment. A massive diagonal wound covers Jaiden's chest. She stands in shock for a second before stumbling backwards and trys to remain on her feet using a table before she finally falls to the ground.  Jaiden leans against the wall clutching her chest. A small drip of blood rolls out of her mouth. James dashes to Jaiden's side. "Nononononono Jaiden why?!!! Says James as tears pour out of his eyes. Jaiden slowly turns her head towards James. "I-i couldn't l-let you die" says Jaiden. "Fuck! Jaiden I cant let you die! Says James frantically! "You'll be ok" says James. "A tear rolls down Jaiden's cheek as she looks her hand, which is covered in blood. "James Im scared" says Jaiden. "James I'm sorry. " Says Jaiden in a teary voice. "Im so sorry" she cries. James doesn't know what to say... He watches his best friend bleed out with tears in his eyes. "J-james. Take care of Ari for me." Says Jaiden. As she says that one last tear rolls down her cheek. Jaiden's body goes limp and her hand falls from her chest. Her life leaves her eyes. James cries.... He doesn't know what too do. He wipes his tears and the splatters of Jaiden's blood off his face. Tabbes comes over and puts her hand on James' shoulder. James lies on the floor.... His best friend was gone. James cries for a few more minutes before getting up,  James and Tabbes then carry Jaiden's body back to the main room.