Chapter 6: Knight In Shining Armor

A/N: Trigger Warning: mention of sexual assault towards the end of this chapter. I just want to put this out here, this story will mention SA periodically in reference to Sam and during cases the unit works just like on the show. I'll do my best to add warnings, but please if you're not in a good place to read these chapters or this story, it's 100% okay.

Chapter 6: Knight In Shining Armor

Samantha's POV

I actually managed to make it into work on time this morning, which made me feel a little bit more confident today. Thank god for iPhone alarm clocks I thought when I rushed around my apartment getting ready this morning. Poor Jax was getting whiplash watching me run from the living room to the bedroom while I got myself together.

I decided to check out who all Eric Cooper has been in contact with via phone and text message over the past few days when I made it in to work.

I straightened out the bottom of my  shirt before sitting down at my desk. I got on the phone with the pay as you go phone company his cell had been running through. The upbeat annoying sound of music rang through my ears as I waited on hold. Jay was already sitting behind his desk, typing away at the computer. He smiled at me when I came in this morning. I was really glad I had decided to go join everyone at Molly's last night. I felt like more at ease with everyone today, less nervous.

Olinsky's head peered above the bottom of the steps as he made his way upstairs. I glanced down taking a drink of my coffee then back in Olinsky's direction still holding the phone up to my ear. Another younger looking guy with spiked brownish blonde hair stood next to Olinsky. He had a face I could recognize anywhere after seeing it practically every single day growing up. Son of a bitch.

"Oh shit." I mumbled into the phone turning away from him in my chair causing the phone to almost fall off my desk. I caught it just in time. I glanced over my shoulder to see Jay watching me from his desk intently. He probably thinks I'm crazy or  having a seizure. Or both.

I glanced back over my shoulder to stare at Adam. My best friend as a teenager and the last guy I've ever kissed. This is stupendous. Heat rushed up the side of my neck and filled my cheeks.

"Adam Ruzek, this is Sergeant Voight." Olinsky said introducing Adam to Voight as he approached them carrying a few folders in one hand.

He gave Jules the folders before extending his hand out to Adam.

"Hey, boss. Nice to meet you, sir." I heard him say as a woman finally picked up on the other end of the phone.

I gave her the rundown of who I was and the scenario and circumstances we were under regarding the phone.

"Ruzek, I know that name." Voight said intrigued leaning into a nearby desk. He must be the guy they pulled from the academy. Why him? Of all fucking people!

"Yeah, my dad, Bob, was a patrolman - his whole career in the 26th." Adam said shoving his hands in his pockets.

He was tall and lanky with a good amount of stubble coming in so much different from what he used to look like when we were together. We were just kids back then though. He really came into his own.

"You don't say." Voight mumbled crossing his arms over his chest.

I wrote down the information the woman was giving me over the phone as quickly as I could.

"I pulled him out of the academy, not his old man." Olinsky said, as they all worked their way back towards Voight's office slowly. Ruzek's father was an officer, but definitely not CPD's finest.

"Yeah, we were on the same - Softball- Softball team together. We designed T-shirts, if I'm not mistaken." I heard Olinsky say as I got up from my desk.