/1:0/

/1:0/

I stood in front of my mirror looking at my outfit. Billie Joel shirt with short shorts and lace stockings. I retied my combat boots and braided one side of my hair into a side ponytail. Very platonic, very thoughtless. I walked downstairs grabbing my keys and waving at my siblings. They nodded at me though they were taken with some stupid television show. The cold air of spring night wrapped me as I walked to my car. I started my car and played one of my older CDs most likely The Doors.

Driving down the road to the Greene's I realized I've been hanging out with Asher more than expected. I didn't like hanging out with him but I did. It was complicated. I walked up to the Greene's door and knocked softly swaying back and forth on my heels. Mr. Greene answered the door smiling brightly at me.

"Ms. Andrews, it's nice to see you again. Asher is up in his room." He says. I smile and walk in climbing the stairs to Asher's room. I hear a piano being played inside. It's almost inaudible to the ear but it's rather defined every other way. When it stops I knock on the door softly asking for permission to enter.

"Come in." He says opening the door a crack. I walk in and sit on his bed. He stays at the piano which I'm surprised I'd never noticed.

"When did you get a piano?" I asked gawking at the beautiful instrument.

"Earlier today, a bit after you left. It's a present from some family friends." He says playing another song.

"God it's gorgeous." I said in awe. The grand piano had always been my favorite instrument.

"Do you play?" He asked. I blushed lightly.

"A bit. Only a few songs and I can carry a tune pretty well." I said. He scoot over on the bench and made room for me to sit. I slid off the bed and shyly started over to the piano. My fingers were placed gracefully on the keys and I struck one chord. After playing at a slower pace I began to speed up striking the keys faster and making real music. Asher played carefully beside me adding to my harmony.

"Who taught you how to play?" He asked. I pulled my hands away from the keys and clasped them together.

"My, well-my birth father did. When he was alive. He taught me how to play most of the instruments I do now." I admitted standing up from the bench. Asher stood up after me and I finally got a good look at what he was wearing. Jeans and a flannel that he wore with a white teeshirt.

"Are you alright?" He asked. My eyes met his and I blushed again realizing I had been staring so intently that I forgot what we were talking about.

"Oh! Yeah, I just had a lot on my mind." I said smiling to wave off his concern.

"Alright, should we go?" He questioned opening the door for me.

"Yeah, c'mon." I said leading him out of the house. In the car we didn't really talk much. His hands would always accidentally brush my thigh and I would always take deep breaths. I still didn't understand why he made me feel this way. Why whenever I was around him my whole balance was off. It was like he was controlling some sort of part of me that effected me so heavily that I couldn't think straight.

The movie was packed. We stood in line waiting to get our tickets. I highly regret not buying them ahead of time. I knew what I wanted to watch. I wanted to watch something friendly. Something that wasn't too sexual yet not like a family thing so it would be awkward. Part of me pondered why I was trying so hard to make this neutral. The other half knew it was that almost kiss. Did I want him to kiss me? Did I want to kiss him? What would we do if we kissed? I honestly didn't have any room for boy drama on my long list of shit I needed to fix.