Chapter 6

[Kyle Walker]

Did I ever mention how beautiful Midnight is? His silvery eyes that that filled of what resembled clouds whenever our skin made contact, his pale tender skin that scented milk, his full pink lips that would turn dim whenever we kiss...

He’s the prettiest jewel ever given to me.

Nothing was better than waking up with Midnight cuddling up to me, his profile so close that I could feel his purr, his body rising and falling as he breathes.

I slowly made my way out his arms enfolded around me, dressing my pyjamas and walking towards the only wooden window in my room to welcome the morning.

I can’t deny the fact that my world appears a hundred times chromatic, and musical. The little birds chirping from the orange spectra limned leaves chirped to a song which echoed as happiness. It was dawn, still, but the sun has made its way through the horizon, lighting up the grasses to a yellow-green.

Fairytale.

“I want to shower. Sticky.” Midnight’s sweet melodious voice paced me out of my trance as he shuffled around the bed, pushing away the blankets that covered him.

His tail stood hard with his fur erecting like a... cactus, and he stretched, which made it look like a... stretching cactus, and I found myself staring at it quiet intently.

“Shower?” He repeated. He had used the apparels on the floor the day before, recoiling the moment he curved down to reach them.

Irritation flashed upon his face, bringing his hand to the small of his back as he hissed and a pang of guilt hit me. I immediately stepped closer before he seethed at me, pips of light pink flaunting against his own skin.

“Stop! Don’t help me. I can do this. I’m... a man.” A sudden change of attitude Midnight had made me burst into a laughter. With that he started cracking up too.

I’m a man. Hahahah! Midget!

His knees wobbled before he fell to his front, his arms supporting himself up.

“Ah damn it! You’re a cat-boy, not a man.” Offering my hand, Midnight took it sheepishly before his eyes rolled at the back of his head.

“You should respect your elders, kid.” He seethed, crossing his arms as he showed proudly his naked self.

My heart thumped amain like a wild creature frenzied in a cage. Midnight was a feline, and maybe I’m another creature waiting to be explored... accepted.

Little by little, I knew I was giving myself away to Midnight. And I can only hope that he’s aware of that despite all the experiences that served as his warnings and map that led him to my arms. But if he had known, would he do the same?

Yet if he has nothing left to bear back, would I let all of me fill him?

Am I willing to do that?

Suddenly, I was back to reality. A kinetic pair of silver gemstone peered at me despite the kaleidoscope of blue that reflected against them. Snowy white skin shone in the dim setting that enveloped us and it was as if Midnight was a dream- that kept going on whenever I sleep.

If he was a dream, I wouldn’t want to wake up.

If I would,

You know what?

I’d kill myself.

Just so I could sleep forever,