1

*Hogwarts Express*

Zach couldn't sleep that night, because today, his life was going to change forever. He was going to Hogwarts.

Zach Kornfeld, the little shy, depressed, nobody kid, was going to Hogwarts.

*Zach's pov*

As I 'woke up' that morning for the Hogwarts express, the train to my new school, I couldn't hold in my utter excitement.

Also, by woke up, I mean as I finally crawled out of bed from the 45 minutes of sleep I got last night.

I do my morning stretches that my doctor told me would help with back pain, but I can barely focus on them.

I'm going to Hogwarts!

I wonder if I'll have friends.

Well, I know I have Ned, but he's 'pure blood' which I still don't quite understand what that means. I just know it means he can get away with a lot.

I rush downstairs to my mother, who is preparing some tea, my father having a cuppa near her, holding her hand. He's reading the paper. But this paper is... different?

The pictures are... moving? No, theirs no way.

I look closer and yes, indeed, they are moving.

"Dad, what is- what... pictures???"

I say, confusion evident on my face.

He looks up for a moment, making eye contact, then going back to the paper. "It's your lots paper."

I nod, pictures move in the wizarding world? That's fucking awesome.

My mom takes the last sip of her tea before getting up, "Adam darling, will you be coming with us?" she asks my father.

He looks up at her, then at me. "Well I guess I ought to meet this Ned kids parents, huh?"

I smile, I love my dad. I'm sure Ned will to.

My mother nods, taking hold of my hand and leading me back upstairs. "Ok Zach... you have your depression medication, your OCD medication, your robe, your books, your wand, oh! We can't forget to pack up Cooper for you!"

I nod, slightly dizzy from following her around my room while she talks.

Cooper, my cat, jumps up into my lap, I stroke him behind the ears before handing him to my mother to place in his carrier.

Cooper looks up, slightly confused, and I smile at him. We have such a, hopefully, amazing life coming up.

My mom rechecks that I have everything I'll need, packing a couple pain medications and some extra first aid stuff ('but Zach you could fall on the train').

I wonder if wizards can heal things easier then 'muggles'.

My mom packs everything up into the car, Cooper's carrier resting in my lap.

I nervously attempt to pet him through the carrier, my thoughts wandering off to what school will be like.

Do we learn math?