3

I wake up the next morning to Ned jumping on my bed, or more specifically, on me.

Out of defense... and a little hatred... I punch him in the gut.

Now I didn't mean to do this, but it felt nice watching him recoil in pain when he had just hurt me.

"I was going to say..." he begins, catching his breath "time for breakfast."

He heaves himself off the floor, glaring daggers at me "I didn't know you were so bloody strong."

I'm happy he's lightened up from being in Ravenclaw. I figured he'd take it worse.

"Whatd your parents say about making Ravenclaw?" I ask, getting up and doing my morning stretches.

Ned goes pale when I finish that sentence and I come to the realization he hadn't told them yet.

"Ned!" I glare at him like a mother would "you have to tell your parents!"

He quickly shakes his head "They would disown me, Zach."

"Oh that's a bunch of rubbish," I shoot back "your parents would never disown you! They may be a little upset that you've destroyed the Gryffindor line but they won't disown you."

Ned huffs "Your supposed to be my friend! Telling me I've destroyed the Gryffindor line doesn't really bloody help my feelings."

I laugh "I'm about as delicate as a jackhammer, Ned. Get used to it."

He just shrugs, not in the mood for joking I assume.

Ned send's his owl off, I assume to tells his parents the news, then he stomps out of the dorm. He's really upset.

Keith walks next to me "Breakfast?"

I debate on following Ned, ultimately deciding he would probably like to be left alone. That's what I would want.

We wait for Eugene, but don't make it obvious so he doesn't feel rushed, and then head out.

Eugene moves to sit away from us but when me and Keith call him back he takes a seat beside me.

I hope one day Eugene feels like one of us.

It was so hard finding our way to the dini- great hall.

I keep calling it the dining hall. Stupid muggle brain.

Anyways, it was really hard finding the great hall because no one in our friend groups knows their way around and the only one who might is Ned, who's not with us. So it took us about 30 minutes just to get here.

Eugene had only picked a couple items before he started eating.

Does Eugene have an eating disorder? Does that even happen with Wizards?

I know so little about the world I'll be apart of for the rest of my life.

Keith towers his plate with food. He's grabbed one of everything in arms reach and, need I remind you, his arms are long.

I get something in-between the two. I can't have any dairy or I'll be missing my first day of classes so I avoid all things Dairy and grab bacon, two spoonfuls of scrambled eggs, and some sausage. Pretty basic and healthy dinner.

Me and the boys have pretty much every class together. I have a few off of Keith and Ned but every class with Eugene.

Ned and Keith don't have a free period and me and Eugene have one at the same time.

The first two classes are way more boring then I had thought they'd be. I was expecting cool magic and I just got lessons on what to do and what not to do.