Chapter 3

Hello! Hope y'all are enjoying the story so far. I am writing this as a trigger warning. There will be a description of a panic attack. If this triggers you, there will be a "****" at the beginning and then "****" at the end for you to be able to skip. As someone with anxiety myself, I wouldn't want to trigger anyone so if it is best for you to skip do so, even if it's the chapter as a whole. Take care!

Sadie POV
Wednesday, June 6th 8:37 am

"Sadie! You better be getting ready. I'm leaving for work now. Aedon will be here any minute now."

I woke up in a panic to the front door closing. I jumped from my bed and ran to the window. I saw my mom driving off in her car. My phone was on my nightstand when I grabbed it to look at the time.

"I'm late!" I ignored the messages I had from Aedon on my phone, probably telling me to hurry up. I quickly got dressed in my dance clothes. Grabbing my bag off the floor, I headed down the stairs and to kitchen to grab something to eat on the way. This was when I finally decided to look at he texts from Aedon.

Hey! Mom needed me to run an errand for her before the audition so your mom will have to take you. Sent 7:30 am
Tell me when you see this Sent 7:47 am
Sadie??? Sent 7:50 am
You better make it. Sent 7:50 am
I'm getting worried now Sent 8:28 am

"Crap," I thought out loud. "I'm on my way don't worry" I texted Aedon back. I grabbed my bag and headed out the door. Sprinting down my driveway and out of my neighborhood, I set my eyes on the road. Not a taxi in sight.

As if to make things worse, I felt wet drops hit my back. I looked up and the bottom fell out. Within seconds I was already drenched. Just as I saw a yellow car come my way, I shot my hand out and another hand shot out it with it. I turned to see who it belonged to.

A tall, brunet guy stood next to me. A tall, brunet, extremely hot guy stood next to me. I dropped my hand as he gave me a small smile, waving down the taxi.

The car pulled up to us and I reached for the handle, the brunet doing the same. We both pulled away and looked at each other.

"Sorry, but I'm late. I have somewhere important to be," he said grabbing the handle once again. I could tell he had an accent. Sounded some sort of British.

"I do to," I said to him.

"Well, I got the handle first," he shrugged and got in.

"Hold on," I grabbed the door before he could close it. "I was here first. Does that not at least get us to share it?"

"No sharing. Sorry I can only take one of y'all unless you are together," the driver said back to us. His face said he wouldn't make any exceptions.

"You heard him, sorry," British boy said. "Here you can take this." He pulled out a umbrella and tossed it at me. Then he slammed the door in my face, an unapologetic look on his face. The taxi sped off leaving me in the rain.

"JERK!" I yelled after them. My hands went to my mouth in surprise by my outburst. Even though no one else heard it. Now what?

Luckily, a few moments later I caught another taxi and was able to make it. Completely soaked by the downpour, I ran into the building. Without thinking I bursted my way into the auditorium. And of course all of the dancers in their seats turned. All eyes were on me.

"Sorry," I mumbled, trying my best to ignore the stares and find Aedon. She was in the middle row, an empty seat next to her.

"Thank you, Miss Philips," Coach Barnes said from her spot on the stage. She glanced at her watch and the back at the crowd. "You are right on time. Now would be a great time to inform you all that from now on 'on time' will be considered late." Muffled laughter and whispers came from those seated, all of which point in my direction.