Chapter 4

Sadie POV

It was time for the group audition in a few minutes. After I regained my state, Aedon and I ate a muffin from the shop. We stayed in the hallway, watching tv on Aedon's phone, until 10 minutes ago. Not wanting to be late, we caught the last couple performances.

Here we sat, in the back row away from the other. Just waiting for our next instructions. We were told to come today prepared with a number of either jazz, hip hop, or contemporary. That was our solo performance. Then we'd be paired off to learn a duet piece and lastly a group piece.

This is what I was worried for most.

There was no way to prepare for the pair and group numbers. I didn't like that.

"Okay, dancers," the Asian girl from before stood up in front of us. "I am Winona Song, Coach Barnes' Assistant Choreographer this year. This is my only introduction." This girl seemed a lot colder than Ms Barnes. She had long back hair and olive skin. She had a pretty face, but the stern expression on her face distracted you from that. This girl couldn't have been much older than us. 20 maybe?

"I will read your names to partner you up. We have an equal ratio of girls to boys, so we will divide you up in those pairs. Once I call your name join your partner on the stage." Winona began to list the names of the partners. I waited impatiently to hear my name.

Aedon's was called first. She walked up to the stage to be met with a red haired boy, who couldn't have been much taller than her. Eventually my name was called.

"Sadie Philips." Murmurs filled the room again. Guess I was famous now.
"Simon Abbott."

I walked to the stage and waited to see my partner. I turned to see the brunet from before. He took his time to walk up to the stage, his hands in the pockets of his sweats. My bottom lip dropped as I gaped at him.

"Hello, Sadie." He gave me a smirk and stood next to me.

"Hi, um-" I stopped already haven forgot his name.

"Simon." Simon took his hand out from his pocket and held it out to me. I eyed it before taking it with hesitation.

I let go of his hand and looked him over. He had a dark grey tank top on along with light grey sweats. He was barefoot. I looked up at met his eyes. This guy was definitely cuter up close. When I could get an actual look at him. He had soft brown hair, lighter than mine, that was combed back perfectly. Even though he had gotten rained on as well. His eyes were a deep brown, similar to my own. His thick brows were furrowed a little, I could tell he was studying my face as well.

Then I remembered how I knew him. I should be mad at him. He left me in the rain, when we were going to the same place! Not that he knew that, but he could've asked. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have slipped and wouldn't have had an attack. It was his fault.

"Nice to meet you." His accent made the anger disappear. "Again," he smirked at me. Nevermind.

I nodded softly, pointing my eyes at the ground again. I didn't want anymore attention today. I heard him start to say something else when Coach Barnes got our attention.

"Okay! Let's get started. This dance will be a ballroom number. My lovely partner and I will demonstrate you. We will teach each part only once and then put it together, so pay attention." Coach and a man began to go through the steps as I watched. I then turned to Simon and we tried to recreate them.

"Not too bad," Simon said. "Try not to fall this time." I looked up at him, an annoying smile on his face.

"Just pay attention, please," I turned back to the front of the stage.