Chapter 4 ~ Overwhelmed

A/N: So sorry for not posting recently! I've been busy with my life irl. Also I would like to add a big thank you to one of my closest friends who is also now helping me write, they have a better perspective on certain things and I hope I can make things more realistic now that they're helping me! Btw I forgot to add Drista and Dream flying to North Carolina before last chapter but that's where they met George and are right now.

TW: ED Mentions, Self Hate, Bullying

Word Count: 2196

~Dream~

George stood in front of me. He wasn't as short as I thought he was, maybe 5'9 or 5'10. His brown hair was messy, and he had deep brown eyes that were looking up at me, unblinking. A smile was plastered on his face. He was wearing my merch, which made me laugh a bit.

"Dream!" He ran up and hugged me, catching me off guard and I stumbled backwards slightly.

"Hey George!" I replied after realizing what was happened, I hugged him back.

We stayed in the hug slightly too long, and Drista cleared her throat. I jumped back, apologizing softly.

"Should we get going?" I asked.

"Sure!" He responded.

I noticed he was struggling slightly to carry his bag so I reached out my hand to take it from him. He paused for a moment, debating if he wanted to or not, but eventually gave in and let me carry his luggage.

"So... GeorgeNotFound." My sister's tone shifted as she said his username. I saw him tense slightly at her voice. He hummed in response.

"You're the guy Dream can't stop talking about, eh?"

"Drista!!" I yelled at her after she spoke, and she giggled.

"What? It's true!" 

She took off running towards the exit of the airport, her ponytail bouncing behind her. I ran after her, and George was shortly behind me. He seemed to get winded quickly, and stopped to sit down after around 30 seconds of running.

"Drista come back here, we can't be running in the airport!" I called, and saw her turn around and begin to walk back to us.

"Are you okay? You seem a bit off." I whispered, taking a seat next to George.

He nodded, "Yeah, just jetlagged. And I didn't really sleep last night." 

"Once we get there you can choose your room and go to bed then, I can take care of everything else."

Drista finally caught up with us and I took the rest of George's luggage from him so we could move faster towards the exit. I felt bad keeping him up so I wanted to get out quickly. It was only noon by the time we got to the car, but I knew how much plane rides could fuck with someone. Especially one for around 10 hours.

George followed me around the ride of the car then laughed, saying that American cars were dumb and all driver's seat should be on the right side. Drista hopped in the back, sitting in the middle seat so she could see and talk to us a bit easier. I put in the keys and started to drive, it would take us about two hours to get there if there wasn't much traffic, three if it was a bad day.

"Hey Dreammmm, can I play some music?" Drista spoke up after about 10 minutes of silence. I looked over at George who seemed close to being asleep and he nodded softly.

"Fine, it has to be quiet though." I passed her the aux cord, careful to keep one eye on the road. 

She turned on "What Makes Your Beautiful" by One Direction, and I hummed along quietly. This used to be my favorite song. Funny now that I think about it, because nobody had ever come to mind when I heard it. But now whenever she plays it I think of George, and everything that led us to this point.