Chapter 7 ~ Flashbacks

Word Count: 1813

TW: Homophobia, Abuse, S/H

~George~

Dream put on his headphones, I assumed to drown out the noise of everyone in the car. Loud noises were something I'd never be able to stand and it didn't cross my mind that something like  this would trigger memories from my past. My family when they found out I was bisexual, mostly.

My hands started shaking nonstop, in an attempt to calm myself down I started to pick at my arm whichever just resulted in reopening a cut from about a week ago. I couldn't hear the sound of my own breathing and couldn't feel my heartbeat. I bit the bottom of my lip rapidly which caused it to begin bleeding within a few seconds.

The bickering from the politics talk was the main thing I could hear, but the talking in the background made it so much more overwhelming. Soon the words themselves had faded, leaving the angry voices echoing in much head. It began to morph into the words of my aunt.

"Get him out of this family. We aren't going to be related to someone who chooses to be a fucking faggot." Her words were targeted at my mother.

"He's still my child! I can't disown a 15 year old boy!"

"Do is Kassey. Your sister's right. Nobody else in this family likes someone of the game gender, that's so damn disgusting." My father told my mother sternly.

"Can you even call someone like that a boy? I wouldn't even classify him as a human." My uncle glared at my mum."

"He's going to hell and I don't want to be around someone like that," Ilicia, my cousin who was 14 at the time spoke up.

She's Uncle Jack and Aunt Linda's daughter, I don't know what I was expecting from her. My grandma walked into the room, her husband right behind her. I knew they weren't here to say anything good, but the words that came out of their mouth would be something that I'd never forget.

"Kassey and Richard, you need to make a choice. We don't want a faggot in our family or relating to them in any way. Either get rid of the kid or you're getting banished from this family right here and right now."

My mother stood her ground but she was speechless. My father whispered a few words into her ear but I was able to hear it slightly.

"I don't want him, I never have. My family is the only thing keeping us alive, between your hospital bills and only having one of us working we need to keep them around to support us financially."

That's when my aunt Alicia and her daughter Dahlia walked through the front door. Alicia was like a mother too me, if my parents were ever fighting I'd run two miles to their house and they'd shelter me for however long I needed. She was a single mother, Dahlia's father abandoned them when he found out that's she was pregnant. Dahlia was always watching over me, protecting me with her entire being.

Once when they were over at my house when I was around 13 and my father was drunk and pissed off, he came at me with a beer bottle. Dahlia shoved me out of the way and took the hit herself, it landed her in the hospital for a week. She was only two years older than me, but already acted like an adult. Maybe from the trauma she'd been through which forced her to mature, I wasn't sure.

"What the hell is going on here?" My aunt asked, directed towards my grandpa.

"We don't accept gays like George in this family."

"Oh really? That's bullshit." Dahlia spoke up.

"How so?" My other aunt challenged.