Chapter 14 ~ Cliché

Word Count: 4195

TW: Illness

~George~

I woke up a few hours later and checked my phone. 8:26 pm. Below that was a few notifications, mostly on twitter and a few messages from Dahlia. There was one below that which caught my eye, it was from Dream.

🖤 Dream 🖤

Hey, I'm so sorry that you had to see me like that. I'm doing better now, but what happened while I was out?

It was sent over two hours ago and I'd never responded to it. I was surprised that he was the one apologizing though, hell I'm the one almost punched a hole in the wall. Maybe he didn't know about my panic attack? There's no way he wouldn't know though, right? I didn't want to leave my room, but there was one person that I could think of that would know the answer.

I reluctantly got out of my bed and stood up slowly, willing myself to be more awake. I opened my door and trudged down the hall to Drista and Lani's room, where I could hear them talking excitedly inside. A sharp pain rang out in my head, but it left as quickly as it came. I reached a hand up and knocked lightly on the door.

I could hear shuffling inside, as well as Lani and Drista making bets on who it would be. Of course their main suspicions would be on their siblings, nobody else would really be there with a good reason. Finally, the door opened to reveal the blonde staring at me, Lani not far behind her.

"George?!"

"I told you it wouldn't be someone we were expecting."

"Oh piss off"

They bickered back and forth for a bit, almost forgetting the subject of matter. I zoned out until I heard Drista speak again.

"Why're you here George? You need something?"

"O-oh, right. Does Dream know about what happened with m-me earlier?"

I watched the two exchange confused glances, as if they didn't know what I was talking about. Then it hit Drista and I watch her expression change to a smile again. 

"Ohhhh that. Uh, no he doesn't. Why?"

"No reason, don't tell him though, please."

She nodded her head and I left the room quickly, not wanting to linger any longer. Sprinting back to my room, I sat down on my bed. I reopened my phone to see more messages that I hadn't noticed prior.

Quackity

Hey, dinner's ready if you want to come eat with us. I can bring some to you if you want.

Shit, sorry I was asleep since you left. I'm not really hungry, ty for the offer though.

I scrolled down more to read the messages from Dahlia, breathing in sharply before clicking on her contact.

Dumbass Bitch

Hey any responses yet? 5:58

George cmon we need to know if we're renting a hotel or not. 7:03

Georgeeeee 7:45

Istg did you pass out or smth? 8:21

My heart pounded louder and the guilt was already setting in. It was what, 1:30 am and I had been keeping her up. Which meant Ivy was up too. I still didn't have an answer, I wasn't sure if I'd end up getting one. A discord notification popped up, and I closed the messages to check it. It was from Tubbo.