Chapter 8 ~ Preparation

Word Count: 1461

TW: Underage Drinking, Mentions of ED

~George~ 

I quickly got up off the bathroom floor and splashed water on my face. My eyes were red and puffy, and my cheeks were stained with tears. I unlocked the door and opened it slowly, making sure that nobody was in my room. Once the coast was clear, I walked to the dresser and grabbed my swimsuit from one of the drawers. I closed and locked my bedroom door, changing quickly before examining myself in the mirror.

My stomach, thighs, hips, arms, they all stared back at me. It was as if they were mocking me, the voices in my head constantly calling out every imperfection. I hadn't eaten in a while, maybe it was time to actually eat a meal? 

No, you'll break your streak.

                                                                                                                 I won't, I deserve a reward after all of this.

You said that last time, look at where it got you.

                                                                                                                                                       Last time was different.

How so?

                                                                                                                                         ....I was doing better than this.

That's right. Don't give up now, you're doing so well.

                                                                                                                                                                        I'm doing well.

If you eat you need to throw it up.

                                                                                                                                                                                  I'm aware. 

One piece, no more.

                                                                                                                                                                                    No more.

I sighed and looked away from my reflection, resisting the urge to go back and criticize myself again. A light knocking at my door startled me.

"Yes?"

"George we're ready to head to the beach, Dream texted me saying that the line was long so he'd be back a bit late." Sapnap's voice rang out.

"Alright, I'll be there in a second," I replied, walking towards the door and unlocking it.

When I stepped out of the room, nobody else was there. Not even Drista or Lani, which I didn't expect.

"Okay what's going on? What do you want?" I asked him, crossing my arms.

"Well maybe people are still getting ready and I talked with some of the other guys and thought since you're 23...." he trailed off.

"You seriously want me to go guy you guys alcohol? Ask Wilbur."