Chapter 6 ~ Greetings

Word Count: 2546

~Dream~ 

I didn't get much sleep last night, I couldn't stop thinking about George. He sounded off, and it only got worse each time he left from his PC. Was he sick? Was something wrong that I wasn't aware of? Did I do something wrong? He seemed more closed off than I'd ever seen him. Maybe I was reading too much into everything, maybe he was just tired. I woke up to my alarm around 11 am. 

I sat up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes, the worries from the previous night already creeping into my brain. I got up and stood in front of the full body mirror in the corner of the room. I had slept in comfy black shorts and no shirt. I wasn't super muscular, but I was still slightly toned. 

My blonde hair was messy and the bags under my eyes were even more visible now. My eyes were slightly pink, although I couldn't tell if it was from just waking up or if I had cried last night. I ran my fingers through my hair, trying to make it look at least slightly presentable. 

I sighed, remembering that I'd have to wear long sleeves and my mask again because I was going in public with a bunch of recognizable Minecraft Youtubers. I'd unpacked my bags yesterday and put them neatly in the dresser. I grabbed out a hoodie and sweatpants. My room was pretty, light blue walls and a matching blanket now draped across the bed. Unlike George's room, I didn't have two extra chairs to stare out the window, but instead I had a door that led to the back porch which I guess was nice.

I'd gone out of the deck a few hours prior to get a picture of the sunrise. It was pretty, and the sound of the waves made it even more calming. Across from the door was my desk, where I had both of my laptops set up to be able to monitor everything. I opened the door next to the desk, which led into the bathroom.

I splashed water on my face in an attempt to wake myself up. I examined my face in the mirror, and smiled when I noticed that my freckles were becoming more apparent, that was the one good thing about summer. After spending a minute or two inspecting each inch of my face, I pulled on a white t-shirt and a light grey hoodie from the collection of my merch. I slipped off my shorts and put on black sweatpants.  

I glanced at the time, 11:13 am. I put on socks and quickly brushed my teeth before running out of my room and making myself a bowl of cereal. George was already downstairs, it seemed like he'd been up for a bit. He was laying on the couch and I glanced at his phone, noticing that he was concentrating on twitter. He looked less tired than yesterday, I hoped that everything would go more smoothly today. I ate quickly, than ran to go get the rental car's keys. 

It was a large van, one that would typically be associated with kidnapping oddly enough. We'd have to cram a lot of people into the car, it wouldn't be easy. I had been trying to get another car but we wouldn't be able to pick it up until tomorrow. Was making my way downstairs when one word crossed my mind.

Drista.

Of course I needed to wake up Drista! How could I forget? She seemed so excited to meet Lani. I ran back up the stairs and into her room. She was still sound asleep, so I shook her roughly and her eyes opened slowly.

"Drista! We need to leave!"

She murmured something that I couldn't understand and I pulled open the drawers to her dresser, grabbing a smaller version of the hoodie that I was wearing and threw it at her.

"Put that on, you can do your hair in the car! I know you already have sweatpants on so grab your shoes and let's go!"

Finally, she seemed to realize what was going on and I watched my sister practically throw herself out of bed. I ran back to the kitchen, calling George's name and saying that we needed to leave. I went into a cabinet and grabbed a box of frosted flakes and a bag of pretzels for if Drista got hungry. Surely George had already eaten, right?