Chapter 10: How about a friendly date?

"Yes, its me Tine. Now can I please know your apartment number because I brought these waffles and they are getting cold"

"Its 2204. You can come up."

Tine's POV

I hung up the phone and went straight into the bathroom to brush my teeth. Did I really just confuse this Sarawat with the future Sarawat? Dammit, they are literally the same  person, how am I supposed to even differentiate between them?

I washed my face and tried to look like I hadn't just woken up. I had no idea why he was suddenly here, coming into my apartment. May be he needed something from me? I didn't say too much, last night, did I?

Right then, the doorbell rang.

I opened the door and saw Sarawat standing there in the most cutest white hoodie I had ever seen. And just like, a smile formed on my face.

"Good morning, Tine." He smiled back at me.

"Ah..Good morning? What are you even doing here?"

He ruffled my hair and came right into the apartment. "You look cute in your bed hair."

Dammit, I forgot about fixing my hair.

I fixed my hair a little bit and closed the door.

"Wow, your apartment is much better than I thought. So much better than our college dorms. You really need to tell me about that 80 percent deal you got."

"Trust me you don't want that deal, Wat. It was way more than I bargained for."

"Why?" Sarawat turned and looked at me. "Are there some plumbing issues?"

"Ah. No. Nothing like that." I chuckled.

"I have heard some people even lower down rent when the houses are haunted."

I couldn't help but laugh. "Trust me, there are absolutely no ghosts around here, at all. And about how I ended up renting this place, its a long story, may be I'll tell you some other day. Do you — do you really like the apartment?"

"Yes, of course I love it! The view is so great. But why do you even stay here instead of the dorms? Isn't this a little far?"

"A little far, but I can manage it just fine. I can't afford to live in the dorms right now."

Sarawat clicked his tongue. "I—I am sorry."

"What are you sorry for? Its not your fault.

You know, if you like my apartment so much, may be you should move here once I move out"

"Why do you need to move out? May be I could just move in with you?" Sarawat winked at me.

"Ahhh.. funny.. That's funny" I lowered my eyes and looked away to hide my obvious blush. "Why are you even here so early in the morning, Sarawat?"

"You said we should be friends who share meals — so I got you some breakfast packed." Sarawat showed me the packet that was in his hands.

"I didn't mean we had to start with breakfast."

"Well, I wanted to start with breakfast." Sarawat shrugged his shoulders and walked to my kitchen, putting the packet on the counter. "Where do you keep your plates? I'll take the waffles out or they will get cold soon."

I crossed my arms. "You are being weird. Super weird."

Sarawat laughed. "Weird how?"

"Two days ago, you wouldn't even talk to me. And now you are just suddenly here, in my apartment at 9am.. with pancakes and stuff?"